Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
supplies post SHTF
28 June 2012, 09:48,
RE: supplies post SHTF
Just don't keep the map with your burglary ..... I mean household tools
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 June 2012, 13:04,
(28 June 2012, 09:25)bigpaul Wrote:
(28 June 2012, 06:33)Morgan Wrote:
(27 June 2012, 08:49)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 19:40)Morgan Wrote: Individually I have the tools, but I would be hesitant of keeping them all in one place and all in one BOB. Just in case I ever did get raided, it just looks like a set of burglars tools. It would be very difficult to explain away.

You would only be reluctant untill you got really hungry, then when you realise a hungry, tired and weakening survivalist is just another dying sheeple you will have that door open in an instant.
All the tools I have tagged for prepping and survival use I sprayed blue and they are just mixed in with the rest of the tools in the van and garage, So when things get worrisome I can just tell the brat to go and round up everything painted blue from the garage.,

I am not reluctant at all. I would be straight over to the local farm supplies place first off if anything happened, but I am just wary of having all the tools in one bag prior to that, they are all ready to go and grab, but for now, they are with the rest of my tools and look nothing more than part of my tool kit, rather than looking like a breaking and entering kit.

I have to say, I like the idea of painting them a different colour, that makes perfect sense.

I am already drawing up lists of local stores, I knew where everything was in Aberystwyth, it's going to take time to build up a picture of the area I now live in, it's much much bigger for starters and ten miles south of us is very industrialised, but a mile north it's complete wilderness.

get yourself a map of your area..OS is best, and mark on it all the "places of interest"..that way you dont forget where stuff is.

No shortage of Maps at home that's for sure.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
28 June 2012, 13:26,
Just make an annotation on the map, but keep the details of what it means some place else like a notebook.

28 June 2012, 13:39,
Aye, sounds like a plan that. It will appeal to the other half as she loves making lists and notes of things too.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
30 June 2012, 05:27, (This post was last modified: 30 June 2012, 05:27 by Hrusai.)
(26 June 2012, 11:26)bigpaul Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 08:49)TOF Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 08:49)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 06:28)Morgan Wrote: So, given what we're talking about in this thread, do any of you have the appropriate tools for getting in to a secured building post SHTF?

Yup, definately

Ditto.
same here!Big Grin

and here! my my wouldnt we make a fine group of yobbos xD

on a serious note, i havent got a physical map but i do know exactly where and what i would get from the surrounding area!...there are plenty of loca farms and the like nearby, and a village shop where i live, that my mum runs xD...so no worries about needing to break in, got the keys!....i must admit my favourite place to loot would definately be the local mole valley! such a godamn treasure trove over there, farm supplies for the win!

although on reflection/reading this thread i think i will make myself a proper map!
30 June 2012, 09:12,
(30 June 2012, 05:27)Hrusai Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 11:26)bigpaul Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 08:49)TOF Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 08:49)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(26 June 2012, 06:28)Morgan Wrote: So, given what we're talking about in this thread, do any of you have the appropriate tools for getting in to a secured building post SHTF?

Yup, definately

Ditto.
yep, we've got a Cornwall Farmers in the town, Mole Avon 8 miles away, Mole Valley 23 miles away.Big Grin
same here!Big Grin

and here! my my wouldnt we make a fine group of yobbos xD

on a serious note, i havent got a physical map but i do know exactly where and what i would get from the surrounding area!...there are plenty of loca farms and the like nearby, and a village shop where i live, that my mum runs xD...so no worries about needing to break in, got the keys!....i must admit my favourite place to loot would definately be the local mole valley! such a godamn treasure trove over there, farm supplies for the win!

although on reflection/reading this thread i think i will make myself a proper map!

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 June 2012, 09:43, (This post was last modified: 30 June 2012, 09:44 by NorthernRaider.)
Map, note book, preferably the catalogues from the companies lists for pre salavage run reference.

Prybars
Bolt cutters
cordless 4 1/2 grinders with diamond or similar disc
NOTE to doubly confirm this is a HYPOTHETICAL discussion for salavaging materials to save lives AFTER a societal collapse and total failure of law and order.

4 July 2012, 08:38,
http://www.heinnie.com/Boker-Plus-Knives...-971-5776/

handy looking tool Smile
4 July 2012, 09:48,
wow great page, im looking at the solar charger and battery charger to mix together. Looks better then the ones i have seen before in maplin and amazon.. Lots of great things on the page (you should add the page to another link as many might miss it otherwise).
4 July 2012, 10:03,
I'm personally boycotting Hirnnie.com, though I'm not suggesting anyone else does so because they like Hiennie.

What they do is every so often is E mail clients and tell them they will do something on special offer for respected customers, such as offering a knife at a heavily discounted price. So this day I got an E mail sent at 2.30 PM telling me I could buy a good quality folding knife at an amazing price as a reward for my continued custom. I got the E mail at 2.45 pm and opened it ( only 15 minutes). I immediately thought I'll have one of those knifes and went to buy it..... Sorry limited stock all sold out was the response !!!!!!!!! in fifteen minutes since the offer was started, they must be joking I thought, but no, in the middle of the afternoon when most people are at work they do a promotional special offer for previous customers and within 15 minutes is finshed. Yeah and pixies live in my garden. So I take my custom elsewhere and so far I reckon Hiennie have lost about £700 of my business.