Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concealed food grown on a modern estate
25 June 2012, 17:12,
Concealed food grown on a modern estate
Joined phoned and old friend who i share and interest in narrow gauge railways with, just to catch up because I've been out of circ for so long.

He said " Oh not been up to much, last this we did was put a new flat roof on the garage. the old one was plywood panels and asphalt tarcloth on a roll but it was totally worn out. So we replaced it with lightweight triple core clear upvc roofing panels like you get on modern conservatories. Garage is much much lighter so that now the wife is growing tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, corgettes and other veg inside the garage and the thieving litrtle scrotes off the estate cannot sneak in and steal em any more like they did when she grew veg in the garden"

Amazing what a bit of lateral thinking can do eh?

25 June 2012, 17:22,
RE: Concealed food grown on a modern estate
Thats funny, around here although we live in the middle of the countryside most of the kids think fruit come in those handy little plastic containers from the supermarket, most of them cant see the Rhubarb and Fruit growing in our front garden not even if they were standing right next to it, they dont know what fruit looking like when its growing and we are not about to teach them!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 June 2012, 17:11,
Heaven forbid you put up some barbed wire and poor Vicky Pollard gets strung up and slightly scratched
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
26 June 2012, 17:19,
some of the fruit(especially gooseberry's) come with their own thorns..no need for barbed wire, plus like i say you would be hard pressed to see it in our garden amongst all the other stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.