Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has he gone then?
28 June 2012, 15:33,
RE: Has he gone then?
(28 June 2012, 15:31)bigpaul Wrote: i shouldn't worry about it, you get called a few names on here, as Kenny Everett would say: its all done in the best possible tasteBig Grin

OH GOD - I just had a mental image of you doing the leg uncrossing - crossing ala Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

Confused
28 June 2012, 15:38,
(28 June 2012, 15:33)00111001 Wrote:
(28 June 2012, 15:31)bigpaul Wrote: i shouldn't worry about it, you get called a few names on here, as Kenny Everett would say: its all done in the best possible tasteBig Grin

OH GOD - I just had a mental image of you doing the leg uncrossing - crossing ala Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

Confused

hell, i dont look anything like Sharon Stone, i think NR got it right, i look more like HAGRID, i dont know about Basic Instinct, most people have the instinct to run away from me...not have an affair with me!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 June 2012, 15:41,
thats wot i fort you looked liked BP i look like a big version of alexi sale
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 June 2012, 16:14,
(28 June 2012, 13:38)00111001 Wrote: what you hunting? I realised pretty quickly I don't have the patience to sit and wait for mr rabbit to come out to play - then to sit still long enough to be shot. Still, don't get too many rabbits in Southampton Sad

shooting some rabbits, birds, whatever makes for good eating and we can shoot, only problem is my mates air rifle is proper fucked, we gave up on it today, didnt shoot straight, like the barrel was bent, the rifling and inside of the barrel was getting scraped out by the new pellets be bought, the scope was on crooked, and it was about 40 year old, if not more o.O....its served him n his ex step dad well! but we'll both be buying some new ones

heh yeah waiting for rabbits is laborious, we just crept through the country in the small hours of the morning (3-6 or 7) all sneaky like, we did shoot one but it jumped in a hedge and disappeared, was a real pity it was a bit of porker!...but it was good for my first time hunting Big Grin...first of many i hope!

heh im not surprised southampton isnt exactly a hotspot for rabbits xD....we get plenty here in dorset! they're bloody everwhere Tongue

@BP ill bear that in mind Smile anyway i shant let anything discourage me, i like my new hobby! and it helps me keep fit Smile
28 June 2012, 16:35,
(28 June 2012, 16:14)Hrusai Wrote: shooting some rabbits, birds, whatever makes for good eating and we can shoot, only problem is my mates air rifle is proper fucked, we gave up on it today, didnt shoot straight, like the barrel was bent, the rifling and inside of the barrel was getting scraped out by the new pellets be bought, the scope was on crooked, and it was about 40 year old, if not more o.O....its served him n his ex step dad well! but we'll both be buying some new ones

heh yeah waiting for rabbits is laborious, we just crept through the country in the small hours of the morning (3-6 or 7) all sneaky like, we did shoot one but it jumped in a hedge and disappeared, was a real pity it was a bit of porker!...but it was good for my first time hunting Big Grin...first of many i hope!

You do understand that rabbits are living things right, don't get me wrong I have shot many and trapped also did ferreting and killed them with bare hand chops to neck, but mate I never would shoot anything unless I had kill shot.

Upgrade your weapons and practice on cans until you are ready for live game.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
28 June 2012, 17:06,
(28 June 2012, 16:35)WetandCold Wrote: You do understand that rabbits are living things right, don't get me wrong I have shot many and trapped also did ferreting and killed them with bare hand chops to neck, but mate I never would shoot anything unless I had kill shot.

yeah i totally get that man, i was unsure with my aim so i passed the rifle to my mate whose a better shot(or at least more experienced by a long way) he felt comfortable and though he was good enough to compensate, he didnt get it as clean as he was aiming for Tongue he did feel pretty bad, although we're almost certain it did die as it scrambled toward a hedge, which was very steep and we looked in the hedge and couldnt find it, and we went into the field the other side and there werent any exit holes, or rather places that had trampled grass.

anyway now we know this rifle is fcked, we aint even doing target shooting with it anymore, let alone hunting, but hey live n learn right....im not the sort to make mistakes multiple times.
28 June 2012, 17:14,
(28 June 2012, 17:06)Hrusai Wrote:
(28 June 2012, 16:35)WetandCold Wrote: You do understand that rabbits are living things right, don't get me wrong I have shot many and trapped also did ferreting and killed them with bare hand chops to neck, but mate I never would shoot anything unless I had kill shot.

yeah i totally get that man, i was unsure with my aim so i passed the rifle to my mate whose a better shot(or at least more experienced by a long way) he felt comfortable and though he was good enough to compensate, he didnt get it as clean as he was aiming for Tongue he did feel pretty bad, although we're almost certain it did die as it scrambled toward a hedge, which was very steep and we looked in the hedge and couldnt find it, and we went into the field the other side and there werent any exit holes, or rather places that had trampled grass.

anyway now we know this rifle is fcked, we aint even doing target shooting with it anymore, let alone hunting, but hey live n learn right....im not the sort to make mistakes multiple times.
if the scope is on crooked then you WONT hit anything with it, it has to be adjusted first(zeroing in its called).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 June 2012, 18:55,
thats right BP with 12 foot pound air gun with 16 grain GOOD pellets you can get clean kill from no more then 30 to 35 yards if you are just starting
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 June 2012, 22:55,
yeah im aware of zeroing but due to the problems i listed it was impossible to zero the gun Tongue we tried for a while but gave up eventually and had to make do with a 25 metre 6 inch compensation, that was not so bad at a closer distance and worse at a longer one Tongue....although the air rifle was more powerful than 12 foot pound i do believe although the exact power we dont know, only that it was purchased a long time ago when restrictions were less strict, also we had decent pellets that weighed about 15+ grain (yeah i weighed them) the uniformity was good too, just the rifle that was the problem Tongue.....but i guess it dont matter now, we'll just get some new ones and work from there Tongue
1 July 2012, 20:19,
well over 12 ft lbs if it is that now and your caught it is a classed as a firearm and u will be in the shit
practice on targeys untill u can shoot straight and stay within what u are comfortable with ie range 2 inch circle 20 yds and then move out to the rifles linit but i would not go much beyond 30 yds

b/d