Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RADIO COMMS
29 June 2012, 13:23,
RE: RADIO COMMS
Skvez

I mentioned thatthe Anytone multi standard radios were around GBP 150

I was wrong there's a brend new one on e-bay fro GBP 126 inc delivery.... if we wait long enough who knows how low the price will go.

AS SD commented earlier, its a little premature to go off and purchase expensive equipment just yet, this is just to show what's out there and what prices are like.

Lightspeed.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 June 2012, 15:39,
This is the Spec for the Intek H 520 for interested in the technical bits Smile

World's most advanced Citizen Band (CB 27 MHz) handheld transceiver, with 8-band programmable multi standard circuit design, matching the frequency & operating mode requirements of various countries. A number of unique features makes this radio the most advanced and sofisticated portable CB transceiver ever developed. Just to name a few, the extra large 1.8"/5-line LCD display, the "2nd generation" ESP (Electronic Speech Processor), the low voltage/low current drain MOSFET transmitter circuit design and much more. One radio only, ready for use in all the European countries !

Main features :

8 BAND PROGRAMMABLE MULTI STANDARD TECHNOLOGY

EXTRA LARGE 5-LINES 1.8" BACKLIGHTED LCD DISPLAY, THE LARGEST LCD DISPLAY EVER IN A CB HANDHELD RADIO

LCD SIMULTANEOUSLY SHOWS CHANNEL, BAND ID CODE, 5-DIGIT FREQUENCY, AM/FM MODE, TX POWER, MEMORY AND EVERY OTHER ENABLED FUNCTION,

3-FUNCTION DIGITAL BAR METER (RX SIGNAL, TX RF POWER, MODULATION)

ADVANCED LOW CURRENT DRAIN MOSFET TRANSMITTER CIRCUIT DESIGN

2nd GENERATION ESP COMPANDER (RX/TX AUDIO SPEECH PROCESSOR), TX COMPRESSOR AND RX EXPANDER MAY BE OPERATED SEPARATELY

8 MEMORY CHANNELS

3-LEVEL SELECTABLE TRANSMITTER RF OUTPUT POWER (100mW, 1W, 4W)

DUAL WATCH, CHANNEL/MEMORY CHANNEL SCAN, EMG, LCR, LOCK, LCD BACKLIGHT, QUICK UP AND QUICK DOWN CHANNEL SELECTION

MANUAL SQUELCH CONTROL OR FIXED SQUELCH (AS) FUNCTION

BATTERY 4-LEVEL INDICATOR

ONLY 6 X AA RECHARGEABLE OR ALKALINE BATTERIES ARE REQUIRED

STANDARD 2-PIN EXTERNAL EARSET-MICROPHONE JACK

CAR ADAPTOR FOR MOBILE USE (MAY BE OPTIONAL DEPENDING ON THE PACKAGE)

230VAC TRAVEL CHARGER (MAY BE OPTIONAL DEPENDING ON THE PACKAGE)

CONTACTS FOR CAR ADAPTOR AND FOR DESK TYPE RAPID CHARGER

SPECIFICATIONS
GENERAL
Channels: Refer to programmed band
Modes: (AM/FM) Refer to programmed band
Operating Temp.: -10°/+55°C
DC Input Voltage: 7.2-9.0Vdc ±15%
Size: 68(L) x146(H) x 38(D) mm
Weight: 218 gr. (w/out batt. and ant.)
RECEIVER
System: Double Conv. Super Heter.
IF: 1° 10.695 MHz / 2° 455 KHz
Sensitivity: 0.5μV for 20dB SINAD (FM) 0.7μV for 20dB SINAD (AM)
Audio Output Power: 0.3W at 8 Ohm
Audio Distorsion: <8% at 1 KHz
Signal/Noise Ratio: 45dB
TRANSMITTER
System: CPU Controlled PLL Synth.
Max Output Power: 4W at 9.0Vdc
Modulation: AM / FM
Output Impedance: 50 Ohm unbalanced
Current Drain: 1500 mA (at no modulation)
H-520 Plus

FREQUENCY BAND / MODE PROGRAM
E1 ITALY/SPAIN 40CH AM/FM 4W
I2 ITALY 36CH AM / FM 4W
DE GERMANY 80CH FM 4W / 12CH AM 1W
D2 GERMANY 40CH FM 4W / 12CH AM 1W
EU EUROPE/FRANCE
40CH FM 4W / 40CH AM 1W
CE CEPT 40CH FM 4W (DEFAULT)
UK ENGLAND 40CH + CEPT 40CH FM 4W
PL POLAND 40CH AM/FM 4W (-5 KHz)

29 June 2012, 20:40,
LS please advise apparently you can convert this CB into a CB / 10 meter rig by simply cutting one wire, But you may need to adjust the deeviation????, can you explain this deviation bit please.
Please view this You Tube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ivjDQg8Tg

30 June 2012, 10:04,
By gum this rocking thread suddenly went very quiet ???

30 June 2012, 18:46,
It is still going on. You started something here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 June 2012, 19:00,
(30 June 2012, 18:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: It is still going on. You started something here.

Dont blame me Smile, Blame LS its all his fault. Smile

30 June 2012, 22:25, (This post was last modified: 30 June 2012, 22:26 by Lightspeed.)
(29 June 2012, 20:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: LS please advise apparently you can convert this CB into a CB / 10 meter rig by simply cutting one wire, But you may need to adjust the deeviation????, can you explain this deviation bit please.
Please view this You Tube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ivjDQg8Tg

Hi NR,

I don't see why the deviation should need changing as a result of increasing the frequency range of unit.

Simply put Deviation controls how laod your voice is within the transmitted signal. Worst case scenario is that the person receiving your signal receives a very strong signal, say S9 strength, but your vice is hardly audible. This is an indication of insufficient deviation.

I suggest you don't go cutting any wires or adjusting deviation until we have worked out a frequency and channel plan, and or you have determined thatthere is a fault with your radio.

BR

Lightspeed
(30 June 2012, 19:00)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(30 June 2012, 18:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: It is still going on. You started something here.

Dont blame me Smile, Blame LS its all his fault. Smile

Sorry for absence from the forum, life got in the way :-)

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 June 2012, 22:38,
Thanks for the clarification, i dont plan on increasing the frequrncy range on the 520 til the warrenty runs out , Life has a habit of buggering up plans. Good article BTW ( the one on the homepage)
NR

30 June 2012, 22:47,
(30 June 2012, 22:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: Thanks for the clarification, i dont plan on increasing the frequrncy range on the 520 til the warrenty runs out , Life has a habit of buggering up plans. Good article BTW ( the one on the homepage)
NR

Good idea, also you don't want to run the risk of getting busted using a non compliant rig unless you have to.

Personally I'd leave the Intek exactly as it is. I'm able to monitor the Ham 10m FM band, and take it from me there's not a lot going on there.

If you get your ham licence that's another matter, except that the problem is then reversed in thatthe Ham gear should not be capable of transmitting on the CB bands!!! Bloody typical eh?

Gotta go now,

Seeya

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 July 2012, 10:40,
I'm beginning to see the reason why "the community has been pi$$ing around for at least 15 years" without coming to an agreement on what equipment to use.

CB is cheap, simple to use and requires no licence but doesn't have the range for country wide transmission.

Ham is a little more expensive, harder to use and requires an exam and a licence. But it has the range for country wide transmission.

If we had thousands of people perhaps we could make CB work, although it would be shambles in practice (imagine a hall with 1000 people in, each whispering to the person beside them to pass messages from one end to the other). But we don't have 1000 people unless there are 990 lurkers (*) out there; which I very much doubt. Even if we did, lurkers are unlikely to participate in a message relay.

Ham doesn't appeal to too many of us due the time and effort involved to get the licence and the OPSEC risks.

(*) Lurker: Someone who reads forums or listens in but doesn't voice an opinion.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?