Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the bikers.
28 June 2012, 13:10,
One for the bikers.
My Armstrong MT500 is in Wales, in one of the sheds at the farm. All the bits are with it to build it back up and it's had some work done to it to make sure it's better than it was.

There is a new loom to go with it as well as new oil seals to go on.

I now live in Scotland and it's too far away! As much as I would love to get it up here and fixed up to use, (these things are pretty bomb proof when running) I don't have the space or the cash.

Will need collecting but make me a sensible offer and it's yours.

Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
28 June 2012, 14:57,
RE: One for the bikers.
I love those bikes - they're superb.
If I was mechanically minded and could put it together I'd make you an offer, but as it stands I'm not. I'd end up with a really cool looking push bike Sad

Good luck with the sale, there don't appear to be too many of those around now. Hopefully someone will restore it to its former glory Smile
28 June 2012, 16:40, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2012, 16:41 by Hrusai.)
wells i got a friend who is a very avid biker so ill talk to him and see if he is interested!
but i do know he is in the market for a bike at the moment Smile
28 June 2012, 20:55, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2012, 21:04 by Morgan.)
They are cool bikes, I made sure I got copies of all the army maintenance manuals for them so you can strip them down and re-build them from the book.

And once sorted they are reliable and very fuel efficient. Nice solid rotax engine.

Years ago I was offered a runner for £400, just needed an MOT and I bloody well could not afford it, then when I raised some cash the only one I could afford was a none runner with potential, I love tatting with bikes and things, but just never got round to finishing it. Had a few jobs done on it like the fuel tank re-braising and the exhaust making better than new... Then I got a brand new bike and my attention was turned to that.
This is it...

Just remembered, when I was cleaning it, getting it ready for the new loom, I found it had a spanking new chain and sprockets as well.

Bonus!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Market Stick
28 June 2012, 21:32,
Sounds good. Looks in good shape too. I probably need to be selling bikes rather than buying more... and the last thing I need is another project. But I do know someone who may interested, and they live a bit closer than me... I'd email them if they had a computer. Guess I'll have to phone them.
28 June 2012, 22:50,
woo, are those the ones that Harley picked up the license for and manufactured? You can get ex MOD ones for about £1500 with MOT.

I quite fancy one, but sadly have no where to keep it (garaged). Ill have to stick with my Buell
28 June 2012, 23:00,
well my mate is not interested but im falling in love with that bike! it just looks so damned pretty, if you'd like to pm a rough estimate of how much you'd like i can see what i can try and do, although i'd probably have to arrange some way of transporting it over (worst comes to worst i'll get my dad to borrow a trailer and drive up and just bring it back down, my mate has a garage and tools and some knowledge, so that coupled with those manuals should make it a tidy job Smile.....the more i look at it the more i like it xD...so yeah just pm a ballpark figure and i'll see what if i can manage a sum you'd be happy with!....this would be my first bike ^^
29 June 2012, 06:24,
Sorry folks, looks like it's sold. Someone PM'd me and made a good offer.

Out of all the bikes I have had, this is the one I am going to be really sorry to see go.
The Market Stick
29 June 2012, 22:05,
I'm not a biker but I want to be. Ever since Long Way Round, the greatest travel documentary ever made.
29 June 2012, 22:06,
awh pity i was really getting into the idea of that bike! guesss ill have to go searching on the net xD you got me hooked haha

i can totally see why you'd be sorry to see it go!...but hey if its someone from this site at least you know it'll be taken good care of Smile

all the best to you and the new owner!