Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Germlins are back
28 June 2012, 13:49,
The Germlins are back
I cannot post a rerply to Lightspeed on the Radio Comms thread, the bugger just keeps disapearing AGAIN>

28 June 2012, 16:09,
RE: The Germlins are back
NR,

I'd love to solve this but for some reason I can't find out what it is.

What I have detected is;

It is always when you reply to something.
It is always when you edit something inside the reply
It just leaves a blank page, which if you reply to, shows all the text in a quote

Makes no sense. If it gets too bad I'm going to remove the add on for telling you that someone else has posted since you started reading. It is all I can think of.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 June 2012, 16:19,
RE: The Germlins are back
aha! so i wasnt the only one! i tried posting a reply to the thread "what would you do" in morals and ethics, typed it all out, came back to find it didnt exist! i was well bemused, at least i know its those pesky gremlins now! think ima have to go gremlin hunting xD

also i think that add-ons can often contribute to these sorts of problems, but also some forum platforms are less stable than others Tongue...for instance i think vbulletin is pretty nice and stable, despite having other problems (mostly usability and admin cp features)

mind you i dont have much experience with mybb....in fact i dont think ive ever heard of it lol, but i have run more than one forum in the past Smile and it isnt a problem i've heard of before Tongue....ill look into and see if i can find those gremlins, no promises though Tongue