Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post SHTF morphine.
2 July 2012, 09:53,
RE: Post SHTF morphine.
It'd be easier to score smack than create your own. There'll be lots of it about still, if you know where to look.
2 July 2012, 10:10,
Maybe at first but it will soon be gone. Then knowing how to create it get you the fairest maidens.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2012, 11:21,
hmmmm i hadnt thought of that! yet another perk of my old hobbies lifestyle xD

and its easy enough to score anything as it is Tongue wouldnt be too hard to make a stockpile Tongue mind you i cant see post shtf scoring being easy, chances are all the junkies will just take anything they can see xD

god damnit SD now you just got me thinking about fair maidens xD
2 July 2012, 11:32,
Much more important than scoring smack I think.

My question is how come you were NOT thinking of that.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2012, 12:03,
(2 July 2012, 01:41)Hrusai Wrote: ok so i might not be totally familiar with every specific type of chemical reaction or every single reagent, but the underlying point behind what its saying is very simple witha small amount of scientific knowledge Tongue......if you were more familiar with chemistry's semantics then you'd understand it fine Tongue

even if you just rewrite it to, reaction A give chemical A thats then used in reaction B etc. a small amount of research would tell you what each specific reaction or chemical was.

for instance the "benzylic quaternary stererocenter" is simply a molecule, more specifically one that is a ring of 4 carbon subtituents and when changing 2 groups can make a stereoisomer.

so the first sentence says they used cuprate chemistry and sigmatropic rearrangements to make a benzylic quartenary stereocenter....just reaarrange it a bit Tongue

maybe i am autistic Sad but i can understand it myself, and i find it hard to understand why others cant Tongue

Just so you know - I and 99.9% of the rest of the population would not be able to follow that guide with all those big words and that.. It will only be a tiny weeny bit of the population that ever learned chemistry to know what some of those words even mean. I did chemistry O level at school and I did not come across the chemistry semantics as described in the article that you suggest we should understand.

You have to realise that I am not getting at you, but the technical highbrow level of that article you linked in was far beyond anyone I would know who might be interested in prepping. While I personally understand some chemistry, reaction & molecular theory, I would not be able to follow hardly any of that and it was definitely in a scientific specialized high brow techno speak. There is no way it was useful to post that. If it is your level of intelligence for it to be the norm, then you are far superior in intellect to anyone I know! And I feel humbled before you 0R Alternatively, I and others could post highbrow articles from our areas of expertise and then be surprised at you and other's inability to understand it!! Wouldn't that make me feel superior?? If you do not understand and empathise this social context, then my only half serious inquiry over autism was quite relevant.

I have 2 friends who work in forensic science/chemistry and I could ask them to rate the academic level of the linked article. I know they are not autistic and so their conclusions should be reliable data.TongueBig Grin
2 July 2012, 12:06,
Has anyone considered (or already started) stockpiling illegal drugs to use a medicine (or barter) for after an event? I'm very tempted, but then I'd probably work my way through my stash before anything happened. Could be very handy having something put to one side though.
2 July 2012, 20:00,
(2 July 2012, 12:03)Timelord Wrote: ...., but the technical highbrow level of that article you linked in was far beyond anyone I would know who might be interested in prepping.

... rate the academic level of the linked article. I know they are not autistic and so their conclusions should be reliable data.TongueBig Grin

Well, seeing as that paper is part of my day job, I'm interested.

Yes it's a good synthesis but the by-products you'd get from it make it absolutely pointless to do unless you've got a fully stocked and loaded lab and bags of experience. also if you did it, the yield would be abysmal 1-2 % total. There are other better ways of making morphine.

Total synthesis of anything is usually for research, not for making stuff you use- just get a precursor and modify.

All I'm saying openly is codeine and warm vodka.....
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
2 July 2012, 20:38,
I've a stack of chemistry stuff and a partial stocked lab now. The intructions I have are the add this, titilate this, condense this and so on. Technical but something that can be followed. That would be what I was looking for.

However, for serious chemists that says the same thing. I think we need the simple for producing the stuff we need and the complicated, only if you can't get simple, for more advanced work.
Skean Dhude
2 July 2012, 22:30,
(2 July 2012, 20:00)Bucket Wrote: [Well, seeing as that paper is part of my day job, I'm interested.

Yes it's a good synthesis but the by-products you'd get from it make it absolutely pointless to do unless you've got a fully stocked and loaded lab and bags of experience. also if you did it, the yield would be abysmal 1-2 % total. There are other better ways of making morphine.

Total synthesis of anything is usually for research, not for making stuff you use- just get a precursor and modify.

All I'm saying openly is codeine and warm vodka.....

Thanks Bucket you got me looking.

Also how about making your own Capsaicin Cream it’s all over the net on how to do it.

If you want to prep a long term pain cream you could always buy one called, Axsain 0.075% 45g tube it would last ages for a small group, be warned it is very strong you only need a match stick head size to cover half a torso.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
3 July 2012, 08:28,
(2 July 2012, 12:06)00111001 Wrote: Has anyone considered (or already started) stockpiling illegal drugs to use a medicine (or barter) for after an event? I'm very tempted, but then I'd probably work my way through my stash before anything happened. Could be very handy having something put to one side though.

i'm stockpiling prescription drugs...for own use after TSHTF, got a fair supply of painkillers so far. dont have any use for illegal ones..oh dont get me wrong, been there, done that, got the tee shirt but i've moved on from there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.