Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post SHTF morphine.
2 July 2013, 23:27,
RE: Post SHTF morphine.
(1 July 2013, 09:01)bigpaul Wrote: never had to use morphine my entire life and don't expect to, but we have got some serious legal painkillers (pills) stored away just in case as well as the usual ones.
I never expected to see the worlds economy crash but its about to. Expect the unexpected, and you will be ready for anything Smile
3 July 2013, 08:58,
(2 July 2013, 23:27)SierraCharlie Wrote: Expect the unexpected, and you will be ready for anything Smile

that's all very well and good, but I don't think any of us can stock everything 100%, we set our own priorities and plan accordingly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2013, 13:27,
(3 July 2013, 08:58)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 July 2013, 23:27)SierraCharlie Wrote: Expect the unexpected, and you will be ready for anything Smile

that's all very well and good, but I don't think any of us can stock everything 100%, we set our own priorities and plan accordingly.
I dont think I've mentioned stocking anything BP. All I have said is "if" you envisage or find yourself in a position that you have to use ANY kind of opiate no matter where or how you aquired it, know how to take it safely, as if you dont, this kind of medication will kill you very easily. Furthermore it should be "everyones priority" to gain this kind of info, again for reasons stated.
6 July 2013, 17:04,
(6 July 2013, 13:27)SierraCharlie Wrote:
(3 July 2013, 08:58)bigpaul Wrote:

I dont think I've mentioned stocking anything BP. All I have said is "if" you envisage or find yourself in a position that you have to use ANY kind of opiate no matter where or how you aquired it, know how to take it safely, as if you dont, this kind of medication will kill you very easily. Furthermore it should be "everyones priority" to gain this kind of info, again for reasons stated.

I don't think finding "old grannies" stock of pills is going to be very safe to use for the reasons already mentioned. far better to read up on herbal medicines and use those instead, after all this was what humans used for thousands of years before drug companies came along.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2013, 20:04,
And life expectancy was 35!
6 July 2013, 20:38,
(6 July 2013, 20:04)Mortblanc Wrote: And life expectancy was 35!

Blimey, how far back are you going?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 July 2013, 22:02,
You could always have a lash at making wild lettuce opium - it was used as a substitute for laudanum in days of yore. The plant used is called lactucarium germanicum, and I think I have it growing in my field...
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
6 July 2013, 22:57, (This post was last modified: 6 July 2013, 23:06 by Mortblanc.)
(6 July 2013, 20:38)Highlander Wrote:
(6 July 2013, 20:04)Mortblanc Wrote: And life expectancy was 35!

Blimey, how far back are you going?

When my father was born, in 1925, life expectancy was 56. That was after "germs" were known and most diseases identified and public health laws instituted.

The year I was born PNEUMONIA was the #1 killer. We take a pill for that now. Herbal remedies did not seem to help it much for the past million years.

If you check the world health organization figures you will find that countries in crisis, with some health care still in operation but not at the most modern levels, automatically revert to 56 as life expectancy.

The real crunch comes in infant mortality where preindustrial society loses 50% of the infants in the first year and 50% of the remainder die before reaching aqe 10. That means that in SHTF society when one looks at a single 10 year old child 3 others did not make it that far.

After penicillin and other antibiotic were developed we stretched it out to 70+ years. That was not until after WW2.

The next big jump came with new developments in coronary care in the 1980s-1990s. More people survive heart attacks today than in the past due to procedures and medications. You can kiss that goodbye SHTF!

SHTF We may not die from every nick and scrap we get but that cold going into pneumonia, diabetes, chest pains and such will have more fatal outcomes.

Just ask the Russians. Their present life expectancy is 56.

Sorry, I rechecked my figures and things are up in eastern Europe by about 4 years from when I last checked.

The tables change constantly.

It is surprising how much the age expectations differ in various situation. Some nations have females outliving males by over a decade.
7 July 2013, 07:33,
When things go TU, and if illness strikes my FIRST port of call will be real drugs NOT herbal remedies. To that extent, Yes, Do stash grannies dia-morphine after she has shuffled off this mortal coil.

I recently sat with a good friend for 3 days/nights whilst he died of lung cancer. (Not very pretty). After he died, I asked the medical staff to take away all his meds including quite a bit of dia-morphine (100% factory heroin). They refused to take it away. "Once it's left out hands, we are not allowed to take it back"
They suggested I take it to the chemist/pharmacy for disposal.

Really? Really?

Yes of course caution on home to use. And of course read up on herbal remedies because the real stuff won't last forever.
7 July 2013, 09:25,
I suspect we will quickly be back to the "what can't be cured must be endured" way of thinking.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.