Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Inventory App
2 July 2012, 11:47,
Simple Inventory App
Hi Everyone,

I am having a bit of a 'stock take' on the food front and find my record keeping abysmal! I have been printing out customised A4 sheets to manually fill in, for example tinned meat, tinned veg, tinned fruit, rice, oats, flour etc and the entry line for each has location, expiry date etc ... you get the picture.

Anyway it is apparent to me that I need to pull up my socks in this department as it's pure laziness on my part as I tend to keep putting it off as a 'oh, I'll do that later' kind of job that just never gets done!

I've been thinking about ways to make it easier and quicker and was looking last night at the App Store and came across:

Prep & Pantry by Galaloo LLP and it costs £2.99. For iPad, iPod and iPhone.

I am completely aware that electronic gadgets are not a long term PSHTF solution for anything, however, we are not at this point yet and I think it may be useful to some of us now!

PSHTF, I will be depleting stock so therefore interest in knowing of shelflife will be
of little value I think.

Is anyone using this App now? If so is it helping? I have yet to load mine up, but will report back here once I start using it.

Anyone else got a good method of taking stock please? Thanks! Smile

It looks quite good, and offers barcode scanning etc.
2 July 2012, 12:17,
RE: Simple Inventory App
Knock something up in excel - simple and better (imo) than a paid for app for the (Max)I-Pad.
2 July 2012, 12:41,
Oh so now you are saying we are "Simple" !!!! Smile

2 July 2012, 12:52,
Well it has to be simple for me to use and anyway NR I notice that the pointy bit of your hat with the big D writ large in red has been cropped from your picture!!! You can't fool us TongueTongueTongue
2 July 2012, 12:56,
Shucks you caught me again Smile

3 July 2012, 21:19,

I use this one. It's nice and simple (much like me)

http://www.paladins-hideout.com/foodstor...nglist.pdf

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart