Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of food to rise.
3 July 2012, 07:31,
Cost of food to rise.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/...NTCMP=SRCH

Not normally a Guardian reader, but their agri and science news is usually spot on.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
3 July 2012, 08:01,
RE: Cost of food to rise.
not surprising, same will happen here.....but because of rain !!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2012, 09:19,
Everything is rising. Food as a valuable commodity is bound to as well. That is why being self sufficient is a necessity to keep your bills down. Even if you only provide a fraction of your food, make sure it is the expensive stuff. Tobacco for example. err... Oh OK.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 July 2012, 09:56,
awh crap, maybe its good im giving up smoking then lol

hmmm i may have to get a move on with those food seeds nao Tongue
3 July 2012, 11:20,
The only thing growing fast in my garden is the ferkin slugs.

3 July 2012, 11:43,
the things that are growing in the garden are growing fine, apples, rhubarb, blackberries etc.. but if we buy new seedlings and plant them out then the next morning....nothing-the slugs have had it all!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2012, 11:45,
Holy shit!! Food prices are going up? Fuck, when was the last time that happened? Oh yeah, EVERYDAY.
3 July 2012, 14:21,
Every can of food you put by now is a bonus. Buy while you can. Add some seeds as well for garden or 'secret garden', and for sprouting. If you have a Dehydrator keep that working, it doesn't have to be veggies from the supermarket shelves, you can dehydrate frozen veg as well. It reminds me of the war time, when there was a glut of some veg we dried it in the warmth of the kitchen. Kenneth Eames.
3 July 2012, 14:31,
(3 July 2012, 14:21)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Every can of food you put by now is a bonus. Buy while you can. Add some seeds as well for garden or 'secret garden', and for sprouting. If you have a Dehydrator keep that working, it doesn't have to be veggies from the supermarket shelves, you can dehydrate frozen veg as well. It reminds me of the war time, when there was a glut of some veg we dried it in the warmth of the kitchen. Kenneth Eames.
i dont know about anyone else but i have problems storing tins, not actually storing them but in truth under normal life we dont eat much food from tins, maybe a tin of corned beef or a can of beans but normally, living in the country, we can access FRESH food we dont actually NEED to eat tinned food, maybe some tinned fruit in the winter when we cant get fresh, OK so we store tinned food in case of TSHTF but under normal circumstances i dont need to replace them constantly as we dont use them up.after all tinned food is all processed food to some degree and processed food is not good for you, anyone see my problem??
3 July 2012, 16:19,
(3 July 2012, 11:45)00111001 Wrote: Holy shit!! Food prices are going up? Fuck, when was the last time that happened? Oh yeah, EVERYDAY.

Yup, but this could mean quite a hike and as someone else said, combine this with wet summer it could mean much harder times and increased home security issues.

Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick