Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit function?
3 July 2012, 10:13,
Edit function?
hey there guys

bassically i use forums alot and i just couldnt find the edit button! so i came to the conclusion there isnt one xD

at any rate being able to edit your posts is a fairly vital feature for a forum Smile...so i personallly would quite like it,

oh and while im on this sort of topic i really like that thing where you post after you've already posted and it just merges them ^^ its really cool so great job with that haha
6 August 2012, 09:53,
RE: Edit function?
now you mention it! i never noticed there was not one !! it would be a useful thing
6 August 2012, 11:19,
I disabled it because I was fed up of someone writing something. Someone commenteing and starting a chain then the original being edited and nobody knew what it was about and the commentors looked idiots.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 November 2012, 20:20,
Sad

2nd Line
21 November 2012, 21:08,
cant you do something like what facebook has so when people edit a post, if you click on "edited" it shows the original post then underneath it the new edited post, just a thought
21 November 2012, 21:36,
(6 August 2012, 11:19)Skean Dhude Wrote: I disabled it because I was fed up of someone writing something. Someone commenteing and starting a chain then the original being edited and nobody knew what it was about and the commentors looked idiots.

I must admit that I know what you mean,.. I have often seen people say something,.. thats often how they realy feel, but if their views are different from most other,.. they often change the original post,.. or as you say delete it completly.

But I do admit that the edit tool is a very usefull one,...... The last forum I was on ,.. the edit button was enabled for the first two minutes after the post was posted,.. after that it was disabled on that post,... thats probably the best of both worlds
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 November 2012, 22:58,
Can't find any mods to allow either of those. I'll keep an eye out for one.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 November 2012, 00:15,
can 'view edit history log' not be enabled for all users, or is that option just available for mods and admins?
23 November 2012, 01:17,
Don't even know if that is an option. Not seen it but regardless that still would not meet my criteria. I don't want to be clicking every post to see if someone edited something after further comments.
Skean Dhude
23 November 2012, 08:50,
Normaly if a post is edited, it will say at the bottom of the post something like...` post edited by Highlander reason spelling`,... `or Post edited by Highlander 9.20am Fri`... depends on the program of course
A major part of survival is invisibility.