Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an eye for an eye, where do you stand?
3 July 2012, 22:35,
RE: an eye for an eye, where do you stand?
The historical Protestant view is that it means the government is mandated to punish evildoers. It is by no means a mandate for personal revenge, which is forbidden by the same Scriptures. However, it has no bearing upon self-defence, as it refers to an accomplished and unpunished act of badness against an innocent defenceless party.
5 July 2012, 22:39,
(3 July 2012, 22:35)cryingfreeman Wrote: The historical Protestant view is that it means the government is mandated to punish evildoers. It is by no means a mandate for personal revenge, which is forbidden by the same Scriptures. However, it has no bearing upon self-defence, as it refers to an accomplished and unpunished act of badness against an innocent defenceless party.

Ehh????? Please translate into common mans words please.

6 July 2012, 08:56,
(5 July 2012, 22:39)Paul Wrote:
(3 July 2012, 22:35)cryingfreeman Wrote: The historical Protestant view is that it means the government is mandated to punish evildoers. It is by no means a mandate for personal revenge, which is forbidden by the same Scriptures. However, it has no bearing upon self-defence, as it refers to an accomplished and unpunished act of badness against an innocent defenceless party.

Ehh????? Please translate into common mans words please.

in the past protestants believed that this means that the government is allowed to punish evildoers. it is not a reason for personal revenge, which is forbidden by the same texts. but it doesnt apply to self defence, it refers to an act of evil commited against an innocent and defenceless party, which has then gone unpunished.

think thats more or less in laymans terms Smile
7 July 2012, 01:29,
only kill if you need to in order to survive, that should go towards anything animal such as a dog/cat ect and human ( im talking in worse case not going to supermarket for meat) if you do so in order to survive then i dont see it as a crime.. look at the film survive, people in world war 2 who where sunk and one person was killed so the rest could live. If it came to it would you eat another person in order to live. I sure as hell would. if its to protect yourself, then so be it. But their has to be just course, like the person having a weapon, or you walk in on them raping somebody and you grab the first thing at hand to fight them off..... Why should a person protecting themselves be punished such as assault, gbh, abh when the person was armed and/or looking like a threat.
Murder, Rape, Theft (for no reason) should be punished. If the person gets away with it ie light sentance or slap on wrist they will do it again. We need to be tougher on it
8 July 2012, 09:57,
I agree, we need to be tougher on criminals. Young girls have been raped and murdered by scum. Paedophilia is rampant because punishment is so lenient. Murderers receiving Light treatment in many cases five years and sometimes less. It's time for Hanging to be reintroduced and the Birch and the Cat! What a society we live in, that allows the same old Politicians to flout the opinions of the majority of the electorate. I thought they were there to impose the will of the people! Am I mad, or do Others upon the site agree with me? Kenneth Eames.
8 July 2012, 10:53,
(8 July 2012, 09:57)Kenneth Eames Wrote: I agree, we need to be tougher on criminals. Young girls have been raped and murdered by scum. Paedophilia is rampant because punishment is so lenient. Murderers receiving Light treatment in many cases five years and sometimes less. It's time for Hanging to be reintroduced and the Birch and the Cat! What a society we live in, that allows the same old Politicians to flout the opinions of the majority of the electorate. I thought they were there to impose the will of the people! Am I mad, or do Others upon the site agree with me? Kenneth Eames.

yes Kenneth, i agree with every word you have said, bring back capital punishment, and instead of letting the cons sit in their cells with their tv's or in the gym, lets open up all the prison quarries again and lets give the little scroats hard labour!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 July 2012, 12:07,
(8 July 2012, 10:53)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 July 2012, 09:57)Kenneth Eames Wrote: I agree, we need to be tougher on criminals. Young girls have been raped and murdered by scum. Paedophilia is rampant because punishment is so lenient. Murderers receiving Light treatment in many cases five years and sometimes less. It's time for Hanging to be reintroduced and the Birch and the Cat! What a society we live in, that allows the same old Politicians to flout the opinions of the majority of the electorate. I thought they were there to impose the will of the people! Am I mad, or do Others upon the site agree with me? Kenneth Eames.

yes Kenneth, i agree with every word you have said, bring back capital punishment, and instead of letting the cons sit in their cells with their tv's or in the gym, lets open up all the prison quarries again and lets give the little scroats hard labour!

totally!

if anyone i was close to got raped, the fucker that did it would be tortured then killed, painfully....same with murder.
3 October 2012, 22:48,
Old thread I know. But I would like to add a small rider in here. Pre Shit the fan . If you kill someone in civi life, your life will change forever. That includes the life of your family. Everyone is someone. Shiteating scumbag or not. They may have a brother, sister or farther.
3 October 2012, 23:34,
(3 October 2012, 22:48)Biter Wrote: Old thread I know. But I would like to add a small rider in here. Pre Shit the fan . If you kill someone in civi life, your life will change forever. That includes the life of your family. Everyone is someone. Shiteating scumbag or not. They may have a brother, sister or farther.

call me old school but i'd cleanse the blood line Tongue anyone who could retaliate at me would also die, in my eyes theres no point attacking someone to that degree unless its a crippling blow, if that means removing threats then so be it Smile