Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRE beverage bag
4 July 2012, 07:59,
MRE beverage bag
so i was reading up on my MRE's deciding what to buy and such like for my survival kit and i stumbled across this

[quote] MRE Hot Beverage Bag (for use with MRE heaters)

Now anyone can make a hot beverage using a standard MRE heater (sold separately), and the new Hot Beverage Bag developed for the military.
These 4.5" x 9" PET / Poly side weld, 3 mil bags are not your normal zipper lock style bag.

These are made to military specifications and have unique features including resistance to the high temperature MRE heaters develop!
They are designed to heat water for beverages but have many, many other uses!

It gets better, read on!

Anything you can put in the special high temperature bag can also be heated using an MRE heater.
Even if the item (once placed inside the beverage bag) can't fit in the MRE heater, it can be placed ON TOP of an activated heater.

When using the bag for beverages, you just fill the bag with the desired amount of water using the printed ounce marks, put the desired mix in (like instant coffee) seal it, place it inside the heater bag and activate the heater. After six minutes it's ready and really hot! These bags also have measuring marks for 6 oz, 8 oz, and 12 oz. with instructions.

Just read the instructions for the beverage you want to make, and determine how much water to use and fill the bag to the mark.
Take these hot examples of cool uses for MRE Hot Beverage Bags!

They are not only useful for making hot coffee, hot apple cider, or hot tea!

A whole can (15 oz) of pork and beans fit in these special bags. Although the combined package won't fit inside the MRE heater, it can be placed ON TOP of the MRE heater and lets the product spread across the surface of the heater for maximum heat transfer.

How about things that don't fit inside MRE heaters like Hot Dogs and Buns?

In this example, the buns don't need a lot of heat and don't need to be inside the heater. The Hot Dogs can be inside or on top of the heater, and the buns can be warmed with the excess heat.

We have discovered many other uses for these high temperature bags and are offering an emergency food and beverage heating kit as well. See more details below.

so anyway i thought that was really cool, would be so much easier to store a tin of beans, and cook it as well! so im definately going to be adding a dozen or so of these ziplock bags Smile [quote]

http://theepicenter.com/mre_military_mea...Sandwiches

thats where to get thems Smile...16 dollars for 100...so about a tenner Smile
22 May 2013, 19:33,
RE: MRE beverage bag
I don't suppose anyone has found these on a British site. I have looked but can't find any.