Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homeland security report lists liberty lovers as terrorists
6 July 2012, 10:20,
RE: homeland security report lists liberty lovers as terrorists
I looked at Canada also. But imo they are getting as bad as us. Plus this 100 acres is 2.3 parsecs away from civilisation and as cold as the ex-wifes heart.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 July 2012, 10:29,
Some of the areas up for offer in Canada can only be reach by float plane, or by skidoo in the winter, and also most of these area the midges are of the sabre toothed variety, But theres still bits of the Pacific NW I fancy until the next mega quake.

6 July 2012, 10:40,
well everywhere ive looked at have been within an hours drive of an airport, and no more than 8-10 miles frmo the nearest town...most of them have all year access by a road, some are atv and skidoo only, theres plenty of things to get that are fine in terms of access...personally i want somewhere near the sea, not too northern to avoid the constant freezing Tongue...generally nova scotia is where ive been looking Smile
6 July 2012, 14:49,
i used to have relatives in Canada (mums brothers) sadly all gone now, apart from a cousin in Vancouver, trouble with Canada is that it is so far North that their winters are longer than their summers and you have to get used to driving on snow chains, apart from that its a wonderful country, i tried to emigrate there in 1977 but without success(obviously)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2012, 17:05,
(6 July 2012, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote: i used to have relatives in Canada (mums brothers) sadly all gone now, apart from a cousin in Vancouver, trouble with Canada is that it is so far North that their winters are longer than their summers and you have to get used to driving on snow chains, apart from that its a wonderful country, i tried to emigrate there in 1977 but without success(obviously)Big Grin

well drawing from my slovene heritage im used to the cold, in fact i prefer snow and ice to sun and shine xD...in the winter we always got 2 metres of snow and in the summer 35-40 degree heat o.O not to mention the mountains, lakes, the largest underground cave system in europe and how amazing it is, slovenia is my number 4 place to go ^^...and number 1 for holidays
6 July 2012, 17:56,
Canada is still my prefered choice i think if i had to live in the Americas, I met and spent a good deal of time with a group of Canucks at Easter, wonderful, inteligent polite, courtious, motivated and trustworthy people, not characteristics i would apply to the other side of the Canadian border.

6 July 2012, 18:07,
The Canadians are very friendly people who wont pass you by without talking to you, also they have a much softer accent, not so grating and in your face as those below the border.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2012, 18:10,
not to mention how stunning the country is! i mean those beautiful mountains forests and lakes, full of wildlife, seems like heaven to me ^^ gimme a rifle and some survival gear and ill gladly walk into the wilderness and live there
6 July 2012, 18:12,
(6 July 2012, 18:07)bigpaul Wrote: The Canadians are very friendly people who wont pass you by without talking to you, also they have a much softer accent, not so grating and in your face as those below the border.

Yeah and they also tend not to invade anyone who stands up to them unlike the Merkins.

6 July 2012, 18:18,
anyone see the last Ray Mears series "Northern Wilderness", that was all about Canada (repeats on Dave)??