Drug Resistant TB on the increase
5 July 2012, 09:07,
Drug Resistant TB on the increase
Courtesy of Labours immigration policy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...arter.html

5 July 2012, 09:17,
RE: Drug Resistant TB on the increase
oh joy lol

to be honest drug resistant "superbugs" have been around for millions of years, its only once we have entirely new totally artificial anti biotics will we have something that will take 100s of years before resistance begins to happen

they've found multi drug resistant bacteria off the coast of antartica!
5 July 2012, 10:27,
(5 July 2012, 09:17)Hrusai Wrote: they've found multi drug resistant bacteria off the coast of antartica!

Aye, completely natural too. Which is a bit worrying as they'd never unearthed it before, so don't entirely know what they're playing with
5 July 2012, 10:29,
Part of it is because of the way we use drugs ourselves. Not finishing courses etc. We create new strains that have a tolerance to antibiotics.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 July 2012, 10:31,
(5 July 2012, 10:29)Skean Dhude Wrote: Part of it is because of the way we use drugs ourselves. Not finishing courses etc. We create new strains that have a tolerance to antibiotics.

flushing them down the bog doesn't help either. That way they can enter the watercourse and peoples systems. The antibiotics they pump into cattle are all absorbed by the body too (when you've eaten said beast)
5 July 2012, 11:10,
(5 July 2012, 10:27)00111001 Wrote:
(5 July 2012, 09:17)Hrusai Wrote: they've found multi drug resistant bacteria off the coast of antartica!

Aye, completely natural too. Which is a bit worrying as they'd never unearthed it before, so don't entirely know what they're playing with

well the worst thing about that is once a gene for resistance evolves once its like its a crack ina dam, it'll appear everywhere!....the only reason drug resistant bacteria exist is cause all our drugs are based on natural compounds which bacteria have already had 1000's if not millions of years to develope resistance to Tongue...and the fact that bacteria can transfer chunks of dna to each other while they're alive doesnt help...and they eat the remains of dead ones and incorporate some of the dna into themselves...so not only do they pass down the resistance but they pass it along the same generation o.O....BUT we are developing entirely new antibiotics of varying types, so give it a decade and we shouldnt have half the problems we got now.....assuming we all last a decade Sad

also that horizontal gene transmission is another reason that treating cattle with antibiotics and such like fails.....personally i either deal with my infection and dont get anti biotics at all, or if its really bad i make sure i do the full course...although i have noticed the doctor has become less willing to prescribe them in the last few years....bit late, but better late than never right