Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new play on shipping container homes
29 October 2012, 11:57,
RE: A new play on shipping container homes
I would hate to live there!!! He doesn't even have a bloody front door?!?!?!?!? How cold must he be!?!?!??
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2012, 13:36,
As I've said before I love alternative housing, in fact if the end of the world holds off for a couple of years I'd love to get a caravan with a home made rocket heater/stove inside for bugging out to. I've seen a great design for the stove I just need to learn to weld Smile

I straw bail or earth rammed home would be amazing
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
29 October 2012, 14:44,
(29 October 2012, 13:36)preservefreak Wrote: As I've said before I love alternative housing, in fact if the end of the world holds off for a couple of years I'd love to get a caravan with a home made rocket heater/stove inside for bugging out to. I've seen a great design for the stove I just need to learn to weld Smile

I straw bail or earth rammed home would be amazing

You would'nt even get passed the bloody Meadowhall shopping center you two Smile ( only joking)

29 October 2012, 15:28,
well at the moment that's true as we haven't found a bug out location we're happy with yet Smile

And while H is willing she has little experience travelling with her life on her back (and I've not done it in years) It's something we're fixing at the weekends though. Basically we load up the bags at the weekend and walk 20 miles to a site, spend the night and head back. Every weekend both our bags get heavier and we take different routes to the same place. When we're at BOB weight we will increase the distance each weekend instead.

But back on topic I once spent a night in a round house back when I was an archaeologist, was a magical night
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
29 October 2012, 15:37,
(29 October 2012, 15:28)preservefreak Wrote: well at the moment that's true as we haven't found a bug out location we're happy with yet Smile

And while H is willing she has little experience travelling with her life on her back (and I've not done it in years) It's something we're fixing at the weekends though. Basically we load up the bags at the weekend and walk 20 miles to a site, spend the night and head back. Every weekend both our bags get heavier and we take different routes to the same place. When we're at BOB weight we will increase the distance each weekend instead.

But back on topic I once spent a night in a round house back when I was an archaeologist, was a magical night

Keep up the practise it will reward you both one day, My scariest night was in Fort Tregantle an old napolionic fort in Cornwall

29 October 2012, 18:14,
How scary?
29 October 2012, 19:32,
(29 October 2012, 18:14)Metroyeti Wrote: How scary?

15 year old boy soldier on guard duty in a spooky napolionic fort in the middles of the night scary Smile

29 October 2012, 19:39,
So new undies type scary then NR? Lol
29 October 2012, 19:52,
(29 October 2012, 19:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: So new undies type scary then NR? Lol

Undies and bicycle clips, especially as boy soldiers were only armed with pick axe handles.

30 October 2012, 17:55,
piece on channel 4 tonight at 8pm about container homes(George Clarke's Amazing Spaces).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.