Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A no warning nuclear attack
8 July 2012, 21:44,
RE: A no warning nuclear attack
NR: do either of those books show UK targets? I live in a conservation village in a nice peaceful rural area in NI... But I found out the nearest town was a target for the old USSR on account of its (now defunct) army base. But what if they reactivated those old targets, just in case?
8 July 2012, 21:59, (This post was last modified: 8 July 2012, 22:00 by NorthernRaider.)
CFM just flicking through my copy of WPUK and knowing nothing about Ulster the first map I read in this huge reference guide mmakes me pretty pleased i dont live near places called Murlough Bay or Killard Point cos if WW3 had started those places would be among the first to go, plus Belfast. WPUK is a fabulous if somewhat dated excellent reference book about what the US and UK govts had in plan for us, I highly reccomend it if you want to study the politics and tactic of Nato, and the UK in a nuclear exchange.

Another book I read years ago which the title I cannot remember painted rather a dismal picture for the Emerald Isle in a nuclear war because NATO feared EIREs grovelling stance towards the soviets compounded by its hatred of the UK caused the PTB to think the soviets would be allowed to deploy troops, ships, forces, planes and missiles in Eire if war broke out. Accordingly whilst the soviets then targetted your Islands northern bit, NATO aimed its missiles at the southern bit, It was written some place that if war started one of the first things to happen is NATO would bomb the shit out of eires airports and mine its harbours. If the war went hot the Island of Ireland would become a hole in the sea bottom.

Surviving doomsday is an informatiove guide that wipes away many of the myths about surviving a nuclear war
Oh and Yes WPUK is based entirely on UK war plans, its a book that causes lots of thinking and lost sleep.

8 July 2012, 22:24,
(8 July 2012, 21:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: CFM just flicking through my copy of WPUK and knowing nothing about Ulster the first map I read in this huge reference guide mmakes me pretty pleased i dont live near places called Murlough Bay or Killard Point cos if WW3 had started those places would be among the first to go, plus Belfast. WPUK is a fabulous if somewhat dated excellent reference book about what the US and UK govts had in plan for us, I highly reccomend it if you want to study the politics and tactic of Nato, and the UK in a nuclear exchange.

Another book I read years ago which the title I cannot remember painted rather a dismal picture for the Emerald Isle in a nuclear war because NATO feared EIREs grovelling stance towards the soviets compounded by its hatred of the UK caused the PTB to think the soviets would be allowed to deploy troops, ships, forces, planes and missiles in Eire if war broke out. Accordingly whilst the soviets then targetted your Islands northern bit, NATO aimed its missiles at the southern bit, It was written some place that if war started one of the first things to happen is NATO would bomb the shit out of eires airports and mine its harbours. If the war went hot the Island of Ireland would become a hole in the sea bottom.

Surviving doomsday is an informatiove guide that wipes away many of the myths about surviving a nuclear war
Oh and Yes WPUK is based entirely on UK war plans, its a book that causes lots of thinking and lost sleep.

Wow, thanks, good post. West coast of Ireland is not looking as alluring now for a retreat as before. Looks like NW Scotland is best... but then again, one wonders what new targets could be there.
8 July 2012, 22:36,
(8 July 2012, 22:24)cryingfreeman Wrote: Wow, thanks, good post. West coast of Ireland is not looking as alluring now for a retreat as before. Looks like NW Scotland is best... but then again, one wonders what new targets could be there.

All our nuclear submarine bases !!!! and north Atlantic radar stations

9 July 2012, 00:16, (This post was last modified: 9 July 2012, 00:17 by Timelord.)
[/quote]

Wow, thanks, good post. West coast of Ireland is not looking as alluring now for a retreat as before. Looks like NW Scotland is best... but then again, one wonders what new targets could be there.
[/quote]

lets hope you can swim well!Big Grin

I would love to post on this scenario but it will have to wait until the weekend as I will be away this week.