Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much stuff!!!!!
11 July 2012, 09:37,
RE: how much stuff!!!!!
Norfolk is very flat! you may need to consider flooding in your risk assessment...especially for caches.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 July 2012, 13:00,
but if in water tight drums should be ok
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 July 2012, 14:28,
(11 July 2012, 13:00)Barneyboy Wrote: but if in water tight drums should be ok

as long as they arent washed away!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 July 2012, 16:08,
(9 July 2012, 20:44)Barneyboy Wrote: Just done a check list on all my stuff that i would need to take if i bugged with my family and to carry it all i would need two cars and two trailers which is not very stealth like so my question is what do you think would be best for yourselves bug in or bug out? The problem that i've got is if the SHTF and i have to get out quick i'm think what emergency and quick rations i would need, for to adults and 3 small kids and 3 dogs any ideas guys?

If I had to get a new BOV for a family I would want something ideally like this, BUT chances are the best most of us could afford even second hand would be a 4x2 version
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/7550041060/

11 July 2012, 17:16,
(11 July 2012, 16:08)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(9 July 2012, 20:44)Barneyboy Wrote: Just done a check list on all my stuff that i would need to take if i bugged with my family and to carry it all i would need two cars and two trailers which is not very stealth like so my question is what do you think would be best for yourselves bug in or bug out? The problem that i've got is if the SHTF and i have to get out quick i'm think what emergency and quick rations i would need, for to adults and 3 small kids and 3 dogs any ideas guys?

If I had to get a new BOV for a family I would want something ideally like this, BUT chances are the best most of us could afford even second hand would be a 4x2 version
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/7550041060/
alright for the A1(M) but no good for back country lanes!!TongueBig Grin
11 July 2012, 18:47,
me likey likey !!!!!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 July 2012, 18:58, (This post was last modified: 11 July 2012, 19:00 by NorthernRaider.)
(11 July 2012, 18:47)Barneyboy Wrote: me likey likey !!!!!!

Go visit http://www.sbmcc.co.uk
Photo archive for inspiration

http://www.sbmcc.co.uk/photo1.php

11 July 2012, 23:10,
another thing needing to consider, if your either bugging in or bugging out. You might not be able to use your cars, roads clogged, petrol prices, ect
so you really need to work out what is the vital things to carry. Try them out with a practice day, see what is impractical to carry, for yourself and whoever is with you. Thier are tonns of things i would love, but if it cannot be carryed or be put on a pushbike with a trailer on it then it cannot go!
Has anybody looked into the trailers for the pushbike. They are a practical way of adding more gear to a pushbike. less can go wrong when your not using machines, so would well recomend looking into. And you can make the excuse of a bike ride and camping weekend if you need to do things without too many eyes Wink
12 July 2012, 08:47,
Yup valid point JJ, You can get both Cargo and Pasenger carrying trailers for bicycycles, i watched one crash at center parcs a few years ago, twit overloaded his trailer and it got away from him going down a steep hill. Bicycles with expedition luggage and trailers 9 both mono wheel and twin wheel can be very useful and almost silent BOVs

12 July 2012, 08:48,
this is the reason we bought the 2 (nearly) new bicycles, i have to fit a backrack on the OH's bike-mine came with rack fitted, i got a couple of panniers at a car boot, if the roads are blocked this will be our bug out vehicle, fit the bicycles with as many bags as possible and cycle out, OH has said she can cycle 4 times further than she can walk(and in about a quarter the time too).