Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much stuff!!!!!
12 July 2012, 08:49, (This post was last modified: 12 July 2012, 08:50 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: how much stuff!!!!!
Further I would add that the Yank / French habit of mounting a smallish motorcycle on a small rack across the front or rear of vans and 4x4s is gaining popularity, if your Vehicle is parked up and set up as a camp for the night you can still be motorised for shopping or patroling without having to break camp.
(12 July 2012, 08:48)bigpaul Wrote: this is the reason we bought the 2 (nearly) new bicycles, i have to fit a backrack on the OH's bike-mine came with rack fitted, i got a couple of panniers at a car boot, if the roads are blocked this will be our bug out vehicle, fit the bicycles with as many bags as possible and cycle out, OH has said she can cycle 4 times further than she can walk(and in about a quarter the time too).

With you being a leather and cut off dressed biker I bet you got a Rally Chopper ? Smile

12 July 2012, 08:59,
(12 July 2012, 08:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: Further I would add that the Yank / French habit of mounting a smallish motorcycle on a small rack across the front or rear of vans and 4x4s is gaining popularity, if your Vehicle is parked up and set up as a camp for the night you can still be motorised for shopping or patroling without having to break camp.
(12 July 2012, 08:48)bigpaul Wrote: this is the reason we bought the 2 (nearly) new bicycles, i have to fit a backrack on the OH's bike-mine came with rack fitted, i got a couple of panniers at a car boot, if the roads are blocked this will be our bug out vehicle, fit the bicycles with as many bags as possible and cycle out, OH has said she can cycle 4 times further than she can walk(and in about a quarter the time too).

With you being a leather and cut off dressed biker I bet you got a Rally Chopper ? Smile
nope, Claude Butler Hybrid bikes 21 gears, sit up and beg type, nice bikes, been out a few times on them before we had all the rain that is. most of the trails are washed out at the moment.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 May 2013, 01:44,
(11 July 2012, 23:10)James Jackson Wrote: Has anybody looked into the trailers for the pushbike.

Been a while since this post but thanks for it anyway. Distance restricted by battery charge but powered wheelchair trailers are something I could look into, especially if a solar recharge is possible...

5 May 2013, 11:08,
One idea is a shopping trolly.
When we were younger me and the wife moved house in one beds n all... carefully balanced on top.
Not ideal by any stretch but urban scenarios ie paved areas they work great and you can fit loads into them.

Maybe theres a way of "off roading" them by replacing the wheels with say kids bike wheels or such and adding some sort of rudimentary brake for hills...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 May 2013, 12:58,
a better idea, whould be to either keep an eye out for a old cross style pram, ie big, proper wheels, then throw away the pram part. or just get one of these cycle trailers, that have a push handle
like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-cargo-tr...iler+cargo
and you can pull it behind a cycle.
5 May 2013, 13:40,
(5 May 2013, 12:58)Franc Wrote: a better idea, whould be to either keep an eye out for a old cross style pram, ie big, proper wheels, then throw away the pram part. or just get one of these cycle trailers, that have a push handle

i reckon someone who was a bit handy(that excludes me then) could make one of these!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 May 2013, 13:45,
i plan on buying one, for one of my bikes, then equipping it with dynamos on the wheels, to charge batteries etc, its going to be moving anyway, may as well get back some energy from it.
5 May 2013, 14:21,
(5 May 2013, 12:58)Franc Wrote: a better idea, whould be to either keep an eye out for a old cross style pram, ie big, proper wheels, then throw away the pram part. or just get one of these cycle trailers, that have a push handle

I can see that it shouldn't be too difficult to put together the same for towing by a power wheelchair and I like Franc's idea of fitting a dynamo to recharge the batteries. Yet another project! Big Grin

5 May 2013, 16:39,
(5 May 2013, 14:21)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:

I can see that it shouldn't be too difficult to put together the same for towing by a power wheelchair and I like Franc's idea of fitting a dynamo to recharge the batteries. Yet another project! Big Grin

don't forget to bolt on a solar panel to the top of the trailer, and the wheelchair, both can feed into a central battery. I tried to do some maths once, seeing how much charge, i could get from 4-6 dynamo hubs (2 on bike, 2 or 4 on a trailer), and the same number of bottle dynamos on the wheels, and the feed the power into the same battery as a trailer mounted solar panel, and you may get enough to recharge a electric bicycle's batteries, on the move. Should be workable, if your only using the motors as a top-up to your own peddling.
5 May 2013, 17:04,
(5 May 2013, 16:39)Franc Wrote: don't forget to bolt on a solar panel to the top of the trailer, and the wheelchair, both can feed into a central battery. I tried to do some maths once, seeing how much charge, i could get from 4-6 dynamo hubs (2 on bike, 2 or 4 on a trailer), and the same number of bottle dynamos on the wheels, and the feed the power into the same battery as a trailer mounted solar panel, and you may get enough to recharge a electric bicycle's batteries, on the move. Should be workable, if your only using the motors as a top-up to your own peddling.

Doesn't sound like it would do too much towards charging a power chair battery then but it would probably be a non-starter for me anyway - I never did get the hang of electrics and there are too many more important things that need my time and effort!!

Still, it's a nice dream...