Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
close your facebook account
10 July 2012, 19:43,
RE: close your facebook account
It is not so easy to control Facebook when you have kids, I am always shutting them down, but Facebook policy is you cannot close a face book account until a cool down period of 17 days, if you log in during that time the account closure request is automatically cancelled and you have to repeat all over again, I $x*"ing hate Facebook.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
10 July 2012, 22:26,
Doesn't sound like closing it would help. They would just open another. Try opening one of your own and posting embarrassing pictures of the kids on there after you have linked to all their pals.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 July 2012, 14:50,
I'm afraid it's too far gone to think that closing a FB account is going to solve everything , personally even by viewing that segment your i.p adress has probably been recorded for scrutiny at some point....yadda yadda.

Where does the paranpoia stop ?

Agreed , FB is probably a boon for intelligence services , it would make it much easier to trace people associated with other people then , in Ulster we depended on the individual soldiers being 'trained' in recognising the players involved through pictorial means primarily , down to the int collators stopping and pointing out the players on the street - I once had a well known ( now deceased ) IPLO player say to me - ' you must be the int guy then ' . We traced their movements and who was with them this way - it built up a picture of their daily movements etc.

Nowadays its all too easy for TPTB to collate such stuff , FB and twitter being points in hand.

I have nothing to hide - my movements and associations are free for most to browse , as are my interests and dislikes.
I am a member of a fishing forum , which , in its member details - actually gives a google earth pic of your location when you joined ...I wasn't aware at the time and it was a surprise when I saw my info as others see it - complete with a nearly correct map ref of my location.

Going off the radar isn't as easy as you might think.
Once you change adress it is easier - but if you sign up for elec, gas , CT or have a vehicle registered to you unless at a prev address then you can be tracked...credit cards , bank accounts , mobile phones.

To be totally secure - you must be totally ordinary and entirely inconspicuous....as well as anonymous online whilst using proxy servers - that I still think can be used for tracking anyway.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
16 July 2012, 15:46,
Never had FB always thiught it could be used against you in someway.
Failure is NOT an option
16 July 2012, 16:29,
closed mine down a couple of years back, then got a brainwave.

Most of people i know on that thing don't know me in real life (old school friends, former work colleagues) as we've lost touch over the far too many years.

So, the information on it is slightly shall we say, erroneous, like in the way of an MPs expense claim.

according to Facebook I currently life 200 miles away from my real location, still doing a job I lost two years ago (went out for lunch, and it never came back). Nobody's any the wiser.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
16 July 2012, 18:51,
My problem with Facebook is nothing to do with paranoia it is just a simple thing like kids within 10 miles of my home all know each other’s business, and the trouble that can come from this, I believe real friends are people you meet and assess, not people you know because Emily knows someone who knew someone that knows Jenny, therefore add to friends.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ