Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Panels in a SHTF scenario
12 July 2012, 13:33,
RE: Solar Panels in a SHTF scenario
like my signature says i will try to keep everything simple( as in basic) after TSHTF once the power is off will not be using fridge or freezer...freezer may be useful as a root cellar but thats it, i dont want to mess about with electronics or electrics..i dont know enough about them to be safe.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 July 2012, 14:33,
There's a huge solar panel sat beside the A34 in a lay-by. I would stop and pick it up, but it's connected to a trailer and what looks like a genny / battery set up. It powers the "This Road Is Closed And All Workmen Are Having A Rest" sign that appears frequently, so I think someone may notice its' disappearance Sad
12 July 2012, 16:39,
Sounds like it is not used to me. I've never noticed any work going on in these closed areas.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 July 2012, 09:14,
(12 July 2012, 16:39)Skean Dhude Wrote: Sounds like it is not used to me. I've never noticed any work going on in these closed areas.

Yeah, I wonder if there's any sort of tracking device on it? They're expensive bits of kit - I would have presumed that there'd be some protection on it?
13 July 2012, 09:32,
There will be on the trailer itself. :Lots of nooks and crannys but there is nowhere to hide a tracker on the panel itself.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 July 2012, 09:41,
(13 July 2012, 09:32)Skean Dhude Wrote: There will be on the trailer itself. :Lots of nooks and crannys but there is nowhere to hide a tracker on the panel itself.

Hhhmmmmm, I would really like to give it a new home, where it can be used to it's full potential. I might move it along to the next layby and see if anything happens.