Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheeple & the Defective 02 phone network
12 July 2012, 15:54,
RE: Sheeple & the Defective 02 phone network
BP is correct, many of us oldies never knew much of what is available today. We grew up with the minimum of everything. Wake up in winter and rise in a freezing cold bedroom. Go downstairs and the first thing was to light a fire. Two hours later you started to feel the warmth. In the meantime you boiled a kettle to produce a brew and have a stripped wash. I will not bore you with all the other info. Kenneth Eames.
12 July 2012, 16:33,
(12 July 2012, 15:54)Kenneth Eames Wrote: BP is correct, many of us oldies never knew much of what is available today. We grew up with the minimum of everything. Wake up in winter and rise in a freezing cold bedroom. Go downstairs and the first thing was to light a fire. Two hours later you started to feel the warmth. In the meantime you boiled a kettle to produce a brew and have a stripped wash. I will not bore you with all the other info. Kenneth Eames.
Kenneth is right, until 1999 i never had any heating in a bedroom, never had central heating until then either, if you got cold you put on another jumper or a cardigan, if it got really cold you lived in one room, one of the first chores i learnt to do as a child was clean out the ashes in the fireplace and lay a fire.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 July 2012, 16:43,
Seriously? some mother kept her kids at home because their mobiles didn't work? Lordy, there's no hope.

I have a mobile phone. TOF jnr calls it my not-very-mobile, mobile phone.Big Grin

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 July 2012, 16:49,
i think some people were using it as an excuse not to send their kids to school, i mean 24 hours without a phone..get a grip, shows how lax the human race has become, still dosent surprise me what with the riots, homes where no one has ever worked, gangs and drugs, SHTF cant come soon enough to clear out all the flotsam and jetsam!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 July 2012, 17:12,
I lost my phone for 3 weeks it turned up later stuffed somewhere, but my point is now i dont want a mobile, i did not miss it at all you should try it piece and quiet its lovely.
Failure is NOT an option
12 July 2012, 17:18,
I only use mine for semi emergencies and to send texts to SD, but he doest reply Smile

12 July 2012, 17:20,
sometimes i dont even look at my mobile for a month then find the battery is low and have to recharge it.
14 July 2012, 05:35,
I've never had a mobile phone, I wouldn't even know how to use one. Kenneth Eames.
14 July 2012, 06:24, (This post was last modified: 14 July 2012, 06:26 by Hrusai.)
im 18 and havent used my mobile phone for over a year, i dont care to either, i only ever used it for um, well im not gonna get into that xD....but i have no use for one anymore and dont think i will for a long time xD...if ever!
heh i remember waking up in my bedroom with a duvet coated in frost cause it was so cold xD...we got central heating now but its worse cause its so expensive, we really regret losing our aga, it always kept the kitchen warm...in fact i remember when i was younger and if it was really cold we all just sat and read in the kitchen.....im probably part of a small minority of my generation in that aspect XD