Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bread and other things.
16 July 2012, 12:39,
RE: Bread and other things.
The guy that did mine does all the odd jobs in my house. An old friend of my fathers. He is very handy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 July 2012, 13:21,
what does anyone use for their main tin storage? step daughter has Dexion shelving in her larder but thats not something thats either cheap or easy for a DIYer to fit, it really needs doing properly by someone who knows what their doing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 July 2012, 13:25,
I got the very simple click fit or slide togther shelving units from B & Q some plastic that will take 25 KG per shelf others metal that will take 35 KG per shelf and one plastric one I got from makro that does 50 KG per shelf, all were around £25 a set averaging 6 tiers.

16 July 2012, 13:33, (This post was last modified: 16 July 2012, 13:33 by Bug_out_Bag.)
I use reclaimed pallet wood and wood scavenged from tips, building sites and the local council dump which has a great band of helpful men there who will keep there eyes out for particular things I'm looking for. Excellent!
should be skips not tips in the above post oops !
16 July 2012, 13:46,
our local council "recycling" centre is useless, everything has to go in the huge skips they use and once in there they cannot be touched( by the public), i want something fairly decent(not scrap wood) and it will have to hold a lot of weight( by the time i'm finished Tongue) so its got to be robust and it goes in a small area so size is the problem( 36inches wide, 25inches deep and 76inches high...more if we went floor to ceiling) if we could get it done properly, not the itty bitty way we've got it now, i reckon we could DOUBLE our storage capacity..at the very least.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 July 2012, 14:09,

My stoarge system is dead simple at the moment(and dead embarrassing) Cardboard boxes stacked five high. That's it. When I moved a few weeks ago, that house had humungous walk in pantry AND a cupboard under the stairs AND a massive walk in cupboard upstairs. This flat has none of that, so cardboard boxes it is until I move again.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
16 July 2012, 15:30,
yes, when we lived in Glastonbury we had a huge maisonette with an enormous kitchen and loads of storage cupboards and built in wardrobes, with an L shaped room downstairs( think upside down L in shape) which was the old coal hole..great for storage, that was built in the 1950's, now we have a 1990's semi it hasnt got a fraction of the storage we had then.