Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25yr storable meals.
15 July 2012, 08:48,
25yr storable meals.
Found these the other day, I'm not sure how they compare with other dehydrated meals, but it works out at under £2.00 per serving and will store for 25yrs. Might be good for folk with a family to put in a BOB.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?i...MDH1AODNOA

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
15 July 2012, 10:04,
RE: 25yr storable meals.
Oooh cheers for that. I was looking at wise foods stuff last year but couldn't find a uk supplier that was decent price. The ones I I'd find were US and charged huge postage and customs making it not worth it. I like the look of these because of the individual servings. I could then use a few unlike if I bought mountain house stuff in #10 cans that have to
Be eaten in a few days one open.

I'm not exPectingbthese to be in my house for 25 yeas. It's just something else to back up all the tinned ham, soups etc I already have.
15 July 2012, 19:24,
yes i've been thinking of getting some of the dehydrated meal packs you get in camping shops, already got some in my GHB but maybe i should get some in for emergencies, on the plus side they are light and dont take up much room but on the minus side they cost £5 each and i could buy a lot of tins for £5!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 July 2012, 21:18,

If I didn't dehydrate my own, I would probably have a few. It's the weight/space/convenience factor. Would seem to be about half the price of other meals.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
15 July 2012, 21:30,
Plus you can use the bucket as a toilet after or something.