Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teach them young
15 July 2012, 17:30,
Teach them young
Came across a lovely sight today.
Walking through a local wood, I came across a family being led round by their kids via a GPS. THey were Geocaching.

Talking to the father, the two kids have been geocaching for the last three years from the age of FOUR

Apparently they have just begun to use silva compasses and basic maps.
The kids knew various species of trees and quite a lot about the woods themselves.

What a brilliant find, a family where the kids are learning things that a lot of adults can only dream about.

A final note. All four had packs on. Basic EDC's. The father boasting that the kids had helped to customise their own bags.

15 July 2012, 17:50,
RE: Teach them young
wow, thats nothing short of brilliant, its seriously refreshing to encounter or even hear about such a great family!

i must admit ive wanted to try geocaching for a while, and i think this story is the clincher, guess ill have to go out and get what i need Smile

thanks for sharing paul!
15 July 2012, 18:07,
I know people that go Geocaching. They love it but they spend all day on it. I don't know how they have the time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 July 2012, 18:16,
Hey Paul doesnt that sound very much like a father introducing prepping to his family discretely ???

15 July 2012, 18:23,
I have accidentally found 2 geocaches, one in a random hedge and another in a pipe stuck in the cliffs at cromer!
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
15 July 2012, 18:30,
Social services have been informed. Clearly the family you saw was a right wing, gun nut survivalist training his own anti government militia!
15 July 2012, 18:46,
see your still rocking that blinged out sig carnebwen xD

geo caching is cool, and if you do it with your family like i guess its just like going on a day trip to some place, only you never know what you'll find, hell i think its a great thing to do with your kids....not to mention the sneaky prepping ;D
15 July 2012, 22:05,
(15 July 2012, 18:46)Hrusai Wrote: see your still rocking that blinged out sig carnebwen xD

It is the best sig ever, I laugh every time I see it, low profile all the way.

As for that family fair play to them.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
16 July 2012, 08:56,
thank goodness someone is teaching their kids something, my father never taught me anything he could always do it better himself, so everything i have learnt to do is self taught..even computers..thats why i know just enough to get by and no more.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 July 2012, 09:41,

Sounds like a great way to get the family out and about for the day. Good on 'em!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart