Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hygiene protocols
30 December 2012, 16:47,
RE: Hygiene protocols
I agree with everything that Tartar Horde has wrote,... dirt breeds infection, and lowers the bodies ability to defend itself agaisnt other inbound infections carried on the wind,.. you cant hide away and hope to be protected from all ailments

...and of course while all this is going on, we may well not be quiet as healthy as we once were anyway,... it would be over confident of us to claim now, that after tshtf we will be just as healthy and vigorous as we were before hand, because the chances are that we will not be,... no matter how we try to prepare, we will need to take extra care of ourselves.

....and a major part of that will be keeping ourselves clean,.... a big portion of what I have on store is soap and or cleaning agents of different sorts
A major part of survival is invisibility.
30 December 2012, 16:52, (This post was last modified: 30 December 2012, 16:53 by bigpaul.)
i'm not saying dont be clean, makes complete sense, i just think OVERUSE of chemicals breeds a false sense of security as if its a panacea for all ills.

like, the overuse of anti biotics has bred a host of SUPER bugs!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 December 2012, 17:26,
BP, That is what most of us do now so I don't see it changing right away and tbh it is probably better to be OTT at the start as we want as much help to get over the shock as we can. Then we will be forced down the path of being frugal.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 December 2012, 17:46,
that is my point SD, i'm from an older generation, my parents(and friends parents) didnt cover everything in chemicals, because there WERENT any chemicals(to speak off) and we didnt get horrible diseases like there are now, ok we got the odd cold and sniffles but mostly we were fit and healthy, off course something else we didnt have was CENTRAL HEATING & WALL TO WALL CARPETS (i didnt have central heating until 1999) and all the bugs were killed off by the winter weather.(also we werent locked inside with a computer either-we played outside in the fresh air) these days you've only got to get a speck of dirt or a food crumb somewhere and someone is soaking it in chemicals, if you kill EVERY bug before it can move no one will have any immunity and yes, your all gonna die!!TongueBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 December 2012, 18:13,
BP, Things were different then. It may be OK for you and I but even my kids have grown up in a more sterile environment despite me feeding them worms and grubs. Every little bit helps whilst we adapt.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 December 2012, 19:15,
i'm just saying this seems to be a "modern" thing and if people swamp everything in chemicals how are their immune systems going to cope?? also as i keep saying post SHTF nothing will last forever, how are people going to cope when there is NO more chemicals? we've only had chemicals since the advent of oil, what happens when no more oil is found or refined, is everyone just going to keel over and die because they will be open to every little germ and sniffle ? again i'm not saying dont be clean, but there is a lot of difference between keeping yourself clean and your place clean and tidy, and swamping it in chemicals. we(self and OH) dont use lots of chemicals, OK washing up liquid, and bleach down the loo, mostly we steralise everything in BOILING water, personally i cant stand the smell of chemicals, when i walk down the chemical aisle in the supermarket the stench of chemicals makes me feel physically sick. again, i think that germs are spread mainly by human contact, which is another reason why i dont do public events and public transport, and keep human contact(others than the MRS!) to a minimum. but thats just the way i amBig Grin
1 January 2013, 11:03,
just found this: http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/6-cleani...e-12312012
1 January 2013, 13:20,
We certainly have white vinigar stored as part of our cleansing stores,.. its a great product to have
A major part of survival is invisibility.