Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"One day all computers will crash"
21 July 2012, 17:22,
RE: "One day all computers will crash"
i knew someone who said"a computer is only as good as the person who programmed it!"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 July 2012, 22:50,
(21 July 2012, 17:22)bigpaul Wrote: i knew someone who said"a computer is only as good as the person who programmed it!"Big Grin

Or, one junior, inexperienced technician recruited in Hyderabad working on the NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank servers.
All he (or she) did was delete loads of files after a software upgrade on both the active and backup systems. A simple mistake by an inexperienced person.
Bank shares plunged 1.7 Billion and it also cost 100 million to put right and for compensation.

I've done silly things. Loads of computer technicians have done silly's at some time (although most would never admit it).

Now think about this. It wasn't deliberate.

Just imagine if it was a terrorist group well versed in computer sabotage.

22 July 2012, 08:04,
hell just look at these exceptionally complex virus's like stuxnet and flame, so complex they simply couldnt of been written without state sponsorship, sure they arent geared towards maximum damage.....yet, but they will be.
22 July 2012, 10:10,
thats what i'm saying, these technologies are only good when they work, once they crash can you live without them? i think many sheeple wont be able to live without them, they have let these technologies take over their lives that without them they will not be able to cope .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2012, 11:33,
i must admit i was probably one of those people before i got into prepping, i used to spend all day every day playing computer games and watching films Tongue....but im not so silly now Big Grin