Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro homes !!!
20 July 2012, 09:35,
Micro homes !!!
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/retreat-li...-mortgage/

20 July 2012, 11:46,
RE: Micro homes !!!
well ive been toying with similar ideas for a long time myself, and i gotta say its great to see people actually doing it! im almost definately going to be living in this sort of accommodation myself, probably with a cellar though Tongue...but i love that kids room, its perfect Big Grin
20 July 2012, 21:08,
(20 July 2012, 09:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: http://modernsurvivalblog.com/retreat-li...-mortgage/

I'd love to buy a piece of land and drop one of those shipping container homes on it.
Each 40 foot container fully fitted (basic build) costs 9 grand.
2 bedrooms (1st container), sitting room, kitchen (2nd container), and a bathroom come utility room (Last container) = £27,000
All welded together and sitting on a concrete pad.
Add water, a septic tank, electricity and away you go.
As seen in New Zealand, the US, and many other 'civilised' countries.

Problem as always would be the local planning department and their civil servant pussy's. THey even get excited about youngsters living in a garden shed or garage whilst they save up to buy a house.
I really hate this place.

20 July 2012, 22:36,
probably wouldnt be allowed in uk, as they goverment cannot get as much money from you
20 July 2012, 22:39,
(20 July 2012, 22:36)James Jackson Wrote: probably wouldnt be allowed in uk, as they goverment cannot get as much money from you

And that's precisely why I loath the government in all it's forms.

21 July 2012, 12:52,
These look like static mobile homes? Great idea but as already pointed out don't just think you can drop it on to land you own!!! When did we get so fenced in and bound up with red tape? And why? It gives me the hump!