Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking, Gun massacre in Denver at Batman premier
20 July 2012, 14:18,
RE: Breaking, Gun massacre in Denver at Batman premier
(20 July 2012, 13:46)bigpaul Wrote: well, i'm sorry, but i just cant get all het up about something that is happening 3,000 miles away, it might just as well be on another planet, i could say all the usual platitudes about how sorry i am people have died but i'd be lying, these things happen in America from time to time.

Aaah y'see thats where your wrong my friend, i take two views on incidents like this (A) when an incident like this starts and the news comes out i look to see if its a single incident or part of a coordinated attack by extremists if multiple incidents occur I watch for threats to us. (B) Try for example being me sat here in Co Durham and a news story breaks saying some christian or muslim religous zealots had opened fire on a gathering of peaceful Pagans celebrating one of their festivals ? My first thought automatically will be " Shit I hope BP and J are OK. Well thats hypothetical but factually I have friends in Denver ( the suburb of Englewood and in Colorado Springs as well) and many of them are survivalists to boot.
So when something like this occurs I'm upset for the loass of innocent life, and concern that people i care for may be in harms way. Smile

20 July 2012, 14:30,
(20 July 2012, 14:18)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(20 July 2012, 13:46)bigpaul Wrote: well, i'm sorry, but i just cant get all het up about something that is happening 3,000 miles away, it might just as well be on another planet, i could say all the usual platitudes about how sorry i am people have died but i'd be lying, these things happen in America from time to time.

Aaah y'see thats where your wrong my friend, i take two views on incidents like this (A) when an incident like this starts and the news comes out i look to see if its a single incident or part of a coordinated attack by extremists if multiple incidents occur I watch for threats to us. (B) Try for example being me sat here in Co Durham and a news story breaks saying some christian or muslim religous zealots had opened fire on a gathering of peaceful Pagans celebrating one of their festivals ? My first thought automatically will be " Shit I hope BP and J are OK. Well thats hypothetical but factually I have friends in Denver ( the suburb of Englewood and in Colorado Springs as well) and many of them are survivalists to boot.
So when something like this occurs I'm upset for the loass of innocent life, and concern that people i care for may be in harms way. Smile
yes, you have friends there so it is understandable that you are upset and concerned, its like if something happened in County Durham i would say to J "I hope NR is OK!" or in Bristol "I hope the Bristol gang are ok", but thats people we know, i dont have any American friends or family so i am somewhat detached from it all, OK so maybe i have a jaundiced view on the world, i cant help that ..it comes from my life experiences.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 July 2012, 22:07,
This is what I meant in the other thread about people don't really bother with things that don't impact them directly.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 July 2012, 04:53,
its very true, when its disconnected like that its hard to feel much for it, sure there will be the inevitable gut response of thats a horrible waste of life, but as i said, we're so desensitised its even harder to feel much about it, unless as BP and NR said you got friends there, if i knew people there it'd be much more real, just like if something happens in england i'd worry that a person i knew was involved.
21 July 2012, 11:27,
i have seen on the news this morning, they are all banging on about how much ammunition(6,000 rounds) this guy purchased ONLINE, so watch out any of you who are thinking of buying a large stock of air gun pellets (SD?) or anything like shotgun shells or similar.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 July 2012, 12:32,
And because this nutter was dressed in 'tactical' gear beware all paintballers, survivalists, bushcrafters and preppers of purchasing 'unseemly' things online or anywhere else. What is it with these nutters? Shocking, AGAIN Sad
25 July 2012, 10:50,
http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/07/21/...ng-staged/
25 July 2012, 19:10,
thats a bunch of bollocks binary, anyone can buy swat equipment, i could go and get you a dozen websites right now where you can buy almost all of whats highlighted in that article, not to mention its very easy to make explosives and explosive devices, a few weeks on the net and you can have all the knowledge and equipment to do the same thing that holmes did.

maybe some of that crap is true, but its an exceptionally small chance.
26 July 2012, 09:53,
(25 July 2012, 19:10)Hrusai Wrote: thats a bunch of bollocks binary, anyone can buy swat equipment, i could go and get you a dozen websites right now where you can buy almost all of whats highlighted in that article, not to mention its very easy to make explosives and explosive devices, a few weeks on the net and you can have all the knowledge and equipment to do the same thing that holmes did.

maybe some of that crap is true, but its an exceptionally small chance.

Fuck, with a few phone calls and house visits I could get the same gear he had, but I think the point of the article was how did an unemployed student get all the money required to get himself an AR15 (couple of grand), the knowledge to safely create binary based liquid explosives (I know it's available online, but it's not as easy as you think to make these things safely, there's a lot of required equipment) and all the other gear.

Something smells funny with this one. Might just be my tinfoil hat coming out, but I'm sure I smell a patsy.
26 July 2012, 10:10,
(26 July 2012, 09:53)00111001 Wrote: Fuck, with a few phone calls and house visits I could get the same gear he had, but I think the point of the article was how did an unemployed student get all the money required to get himself an AR15 (couple of grand), the knowledge to safely create binary based liquid explosives (I know it's available online, but it's not as easy as you think to make these things safely, there's a lot of required equipment) and all the other gear.

Something smells funny with this one. Might just be my tinfoil hat coming out, but I'm sure I smell a patsy.

heh well im a regular sceptic so i usually take alot of convincing Tongue i must admit it does seem a bit fishy but i can think of alot of ways such things could be possible, people dont always declare funds, cash in hand unofficial jobs are very common, and anyone who was associated with a person like this is not going to come forward and admit that Tongue who knows, i guess we'll find out in time, although there is more fishiness going on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18992316

lord only knows, i guess time will tell!