Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have a read of this and extrapolate to the u.k. where we dont have fema...
23 July 2012, 13:04,
have a read of this and extrapolate to the u.k. where we dont have fema...
55 Percent Of Americans Believe That The Government Will Take Care Of Them If Disaster Strikes

If a major emergency happened in the United States, do you have faith that the government would take care of you? Amazingly, even after all of the examples to the contrary that we have seen in recent years, a solid majority of all Americans actually believe that the government will be there for them when things hit the fan. According to a new survey conducted by the Adelphi University Center for Health Innovation, 55 percent of Americans believe that the authorities will come to their rescue when disaster strikes.

read more of the article here...
http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/07/23/...r-strikes/
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
23 July 2012, 13:10,
RE: have a read of this and extrapolate to the u.k. where we dont have fema...
i would have thought if you did that poll over here the vote would be 75%!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2012, 13:11,
americans are dumber than we are Tongue its not surprising, even movies portray the american government as always coming to the rescue Tongue....the idea of the state coming to the rescue is repeated all over the place, movies, telly, all sorts of other media too.....im surprised its not a higher statistic!

i dunno i think the general public in the uk are more sceptical of the government than you give em credit for, certainly nowhere near as brain mushed as the us xD
23 July 2012, 13:16,
(23 July 2012, 13:11)Hrusai Wrote: americans are dumber than we are Tongue its not surprising, even movies portray the american government as always coming to the rescue Tongue....the idea of the state coming to the rescue is repeated all over the place, movies, telly, all sorts of other media too.....im surprised its not a higher statistic!

i dunno i think the general public in the uk are more sceptical of the government than you give em credit for, certainly nowhere near as brain mushed as the us xD

the british sheeple MAY be sceptical of the govt but i still reckon most of them expect the govt to come riding to the rescue,like the 7th Cavalry, when TSHTF!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2012, 13:26,
oh yeah im not doubting that, i simply think that a surprising number will go off and fend for themselves, more than you'd expect, and whilst this group wont have done any prepping, they will be a step ahead of the majority....whereas we're a mile ahead xD
23 July 2012, 13:29,
(23 July 2012, 13:26)Hrusai Wrote: oh yeah im not doubting that, i simply think that a surprising number will go off and fend for themselves, more than you'd expect, and whilst this group wont have done any prepping, they will be a step ahead of the majority....whereas we're a mile ahead xD

anyone that fends for themselves (as in ordinary sheeple), without backup supplies and/or some survival skills is going to die fairly quickly..like in the first cold snap!
23 July 2012, 13:46, (This post was last modified: 23 July 2012, 13:46 by Carnebwen.)
Pfft if being helped by the government consists of being raped in the superfine then this 55% have it right.
That should say superdome.
23 July 2012, 14:17,
(23 July 2012, 13:10)bigpaul Wrote: i would have thought if you did that poll over here the vote would be 75%!

I would think even higher 80-85%.
Failure is NOT an option
23 July 2012, 15:37,
(23 July 2012, 14:17)uks Wrote:
(23 July 2012, 13:10)bigpaul Wrote: i would have thought if you did that poll over here the vote would be 75%!

I would think even higher 80-85%.

i was thinking as a MINIMUM figure!Big Grin