Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more landslides in Dorset
25 July 2012, 15:36,
RE: more landslides in Dorset
(25 July 2012, 15:03)bigpaul Wrote:
(25 July 2012, 14:56)Armoured Gideon Wrote: That's more like common sense.

It's like saying 'don't run across a busy motorway with your eyes closed!'

yes, that is obvious, but some people dont realise that this section of the coastline is very fragile and has regular landslips, thats without the deluge of water we have had down here recently. oh well, we were only trying to tell people to be careful if in that area, i'll keep my trap shut in future, i cant win today.Angry

No, it's good info to know BP. Coming from the Fens the only place we had with anything like that was at Old Hunstanton. That did crumble away occasionally, but it's not something you'd ever worry about. Down there though it's obviously more of a risk. I wouldn't have considered that sitting in the shade of the cliff (or whatever it is) could be a serious health hazard.

And surely common sense would be "Don't run across a busy motorway, ever"
25 July 2012, 15:52,
(25 July 2012, 15:03)bigpaul Wrote: yes, that is obvious, but some people dont realise that this section of the coastline is very fragile and has regular landslips, thats without the deluge of water we have had down here recently. oh well, we were only trying to tell people to be careful if in that area, i'll keep my trap shut in future, i cant win today.Angry

Nothing wrong with this post Paul, you can have a win vote from me for this one.

What a shame about the young girl, would it have made a difference if she had read a post like this, well if she was not local to that area I would have thought yes, at least a good chance of it.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
25 July 2012, 16:04,
Ooohh! Whats a win vote? Is there a prize at the end? can I have one? where do I sign up to take part?

"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
25 July 2012, 16:19,
(25 July 2012, 16:04)Armoured Gideon Wrote: Ooohh! Whats a win vote? Is there a prize at the end? can I have one? where do I sign up to take part?

Well it was just a response to PB saying he can't win today, nothing more.

It seems the sun getting to your head because you’re acting like a prick.
25 July 2012, 16:25,
Ha ha. It's called sarcasm. Maybe it takes one to know one W.C. ?
25 July 2012, 16:33,
(25 July 2012, 16:25)Armoured Gideon Wrote: Ha ha. It's called sarcasm. Maybe it takes one to know one W.C. ?

I call it as I see it, as in your acting a prick therefore you are, I hope that helps clear things up for you.
25 July 2012, 16:49,
Oh Dear,

I'm sure if BP has a problem with my response to his post he can pm me.

I like the way you call it W.C. I get the impression that you are easily upset, as your response to my sarcastic post indicates
I joined the site to learn, not engage in petty squabbles with you.
Is that the school bell I hear? Play times over ,everyone off the playground! (Sarcasm) lost in world without intenation maybe?
25 July 2012, 18:08,
All this talk of play time over and so on only reflects on you, I am not here defending BP, I only said what I said as he was bit pissed due to a troll, once again you got it wrong, and you seem to be making that a habit in this thread.

It is very clear you’re trolling this thread and its best it stops now, others disagreed that this type thread has a place on this forum, you then failed to make your point “the crossing motorway comment” and turned your attention towards me, let it go end off.