Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Done.
25 July 2012, 17:59,
RE: I'm Done.
Hope this isn't anything to do with me, but I give my sincerest apologies if it is Sad

Haven't been here long but I have been posting a fair bit and admittedly have made a couple of posts while half-cut, and they tended to kill the threads Sad

Seems quite a tight nit community on here and that's what makes it attractive to me, would hate to think I've been a detriment to that in any way.

If it's nothing to do with me and I'm just being narcissistic, it's sad to see you go but wish you all the best Smile
26 July 2012, 10:07,
There's nowt wrong with the odd conspiracy - how do you know they're not true? Wink

I like to see all possible arguments either for or against before I make a decision. There's no such thing as too much information, even if some of it is obviously ridiculous. The world used to be flat remember, and if you thought otherwise you were nuts (but correct)

I've actually found the forum much more interesting / entertaining the last few weeks. There are threads I'd like to make on here, but with the olympics etc and this being an open forum I'll have to keep quiet for now.

It'll be a shame if you do leave, there's things on every forum that people don't like or agree with. This seems to be happening across a few boards at the moment.
26 July 2012, 12:44, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2012, 13:15 by Prepper1.)
Its a shame Tof and other older members cant see their being rather closed minded about other peoples beliefs and how they'd like a site to be run. that's the start of totalitarianism isn't it wanting things run your way and your way alone and poo pooing anybody else's beliefs if they differ from yours...
Ive noticed that a few of the older members are like that, very closed minded and have a laugh at the "conspiracy theorists" so much for being open minded and fair.
You will however notice that the "conspiracy theorists" tend not to laugh at your beliefs though.
Bigotry springs to mind there.
And as for swearing, isn't it a part of every day life for some including me? But there you go again wanting it stopped because YOU don't agree with it.
AND you have to tell everybody why your leaving because its everbody else's fault isn't it, it can't be because things wont be done your way and certain people or free speech censored because YOU and other older members dont like what they post and I'm not bigoted enough to laugh at others beliefs either.
How about a polite reply to posts you don't believe in such as " good post but not my cup of tea" instead of "hilarious" and basically calling people stupid if they choose to believe in conspiracy theories....
This forums supposed to be unmoderated like a free society should be, its a shame certain members don't believe in freedom, tolerance,
and live and let live.

Its the intolerance that gets my goat.
I'm 43 some members smoke weed some don't, some have never touched drugs in their life, some do other things, whether I agree or not is beside the point, its not my place to point it out in the forum if they print something I don't believe in or care about.
Quite often I read other members posts and think "oh dear that's a load of old shit" or "thats fuc*ing weird" but I don't write it on a post, I just think it to myself, that's called manners, something the world and sometimes this forum is short on.
Older preppers used to encourage younger newer preppers, now they browbeat them into thinking their way or basically slander their posts if they themselves don't believe whats been written.
Preppers are supposed to be different than the sheeple, a cut above the rest, together as a community not like people who should be on jeremy kyle.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
26 July 2012, 13:19,
I'm still lurking, However. P1. I'm obliged to reply to your above inflammatory statement.
1) I can be as closed minded as I like. My beliefs do not interfere with yours.
2) I do not want things run my way, I couldn't give a monkeys behind what people believe. I just ask anything posted is backed up with proper references.
3) And no, swearing is not an everyday part of life. Even if it were, it's good manners to temper language when in mixed company or there are children about. It should be remembered this is an open forum, and it's not just adults that read it.
4) No it's not everybody else's fault i'm backing off. Niether am I blaming anyone or everyone(that would appear to be your job), or trying to change the forum. You may have missed the part where I said and I quote "maybe it's what everyone else wants"
5) It strikes me as odd, that someone who claims to be tolerant has been reduced to name calling and flaming.
6)Oh and what's that? YOU want to change how people reply to YOUR thread because YOU think it's RUDE and YOU want a POLITE reply! I smell a waft of hypocrisy there..

Finally, I've been here a little while and have been a fairly active member, I didn't want to just drop off the page. YOU may be happy with that, I feel the other members deserved an explanation as to why I was moving on. But the there's that good manners thing again, what?

Cheers me dears.

BTW. No it's no-ones fault, I think I was just raised in a different generation.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
26 July 2012, 13:30,
Well I think it'll be a shame if you do decide to leave us TOF. I know we've not had much interaction online, but the posts I've seen of yours have been very informative and helpful. I've not commented on many as it's not somewhere where I have any expertise or knowledge with which I can construct a worthwhile reply. That doesn't mean that the information is not appreciated though.

I'm not sure if you've checked out P2S, but if it's the language that's an issue then you'll be okay over there.

Sorry SD, I'm not trying to send people elsewhere, just offering alternatives.
26 July 2012, 13:39,
I don't want anyone to get the wrong end of the stick here...I'm not anti oldie I'm 43 for gods sake BUT some members seen stuck in their ways, unwilling to look at others views, which in itself is fine, but as I'm sure everybody knows there are ways of telling people that you don't agree with them and there are ways that piss people off.
Prepping seems to attract big mouthed people me being one of them who firmly believe in their own opinions etc...
AND that's where a lot of "conflict" on the forum comes from.
I am merely trying to point out that some people whomever that may be are quite shall we say unthoughtful of others when posting replies to posts, and no I wasn't just referring to my own posts, I happened to have noticed it on others posts as well the derogatory remarks and such.
THATS the intolerance I have been trying to point out.
I personally think there's a difference in being a supportive member of the forum and say being a cantankerous pompous victor meldrew type who thinks only his/her views are right. And NO that wasn't personally directed at you tof
26 July 2012, 13:44,
i'm sorry that your leaving TOF, i hope its not anything i've said or done. we need your wisdom on this site, i agree with your comment about swearing-its not neccessary and its not right( vocabulary of the gutter springs to mind), i may not agree with everything thats said on this forum and if i have a particular opinion to what is said i will put my point of view, again i apologise if that has upset some people. dont go on P2S TOF you will get banned for having an opinion not in line with "the management"..i know, i did and i was. Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2012, 13:51, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2012, 13:58 by Prepper1.)
B.P. you happen to be one of the most supportive members. you come across as a person who's thought things through and whether you agree with them or not always put posts in a respectful way, Other members could learn a lot from you.
I'm not asking anybody to change their views or beliefs, just think about the way you say things to others.
After all manners cost nothing.
If you don't agree with somebody's post, fine that's your right, but whats not your right is to be nasty about another's views or beliefs.
So some of us distrust the government to a high level and are willingly called conspiracy theorists, some of us arent.
I however do not disparage others posts for not believing the theories.
Its one thing to have a laugh and a joke but its another to be nasty with what you write.
Were all supposed to be grown ups but half the time the replies to some posts are downright childish.
26 July 2012, 13:59,
well, i try!Big Grin i havent got the experience of some on this site( like NR)compared to them i am a complete noviceTongue this site is the best British site on offer at the moment and believe me i have tried them all, so we dont want to lose members if we can help it, if anyone is not happy with the threads on offer then try putting in some of your own.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2012, 14:04,
(26 July 2012, 13:51)Prepper1 Wrote: If you don't agree with somebody's post, fine that's your right, but whats not your right is to be nasty about another's views or beliefs.

Ok, my last post on this (I promise)

People can post what they like. You can reply with whatever you like. There's no rules saying you have to be nice to people. Granted, it makes life more pleasant, but that's one of the great things about being human, we're allowed to disagree, and vehemently if we so wish.

Posting a post, about a post, about a series of posts that pissed someone off... Well, you did mention childish.