Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinned fish
26 July 2012, 05:08,
RE: Tinned fish
AG, Good thinking chaps. There are many solutions to problems. Many times, when I've had problems, I think of the problem before I go to bed. Often during the night, I wake up with a solution. It doesn't always happen, but the failure rate is about ten per cent. Kenneth Eames.
26 July 2012, 06:01,
I think I'll try Lightspeeds idea and go for the magnet approach, it seems the simplest to build and maintain.
It will also take up the least room within the wall space. I'll let you know how I get on, many thanks to all those who put ideas forward.
If anyone has anymore ideas then I'm always happy to hear 'em
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
26 July 2012, 06:55,
simples usually best! depends on your exact setup, once you got it done and its all in front of you, you'll see what works best, but the magnet is probably the easiest ^^
26 July 2012, 18:51,
I have tin fish 3 years now it’s still good to eat, can't rotate it as there is quite a bit and we don't tend to eat tin fish.

In a wall depends on wall I would worry about keeping the tins cool myself, walls tend to heat up. I was thinking about storing some foods in the workshop walls as I could store a fair amount in that, but with this weather and the heat in the building I decided not to do it.

I did store a load of soup and some other foods in a wall before and I ended up throwing it all out, I can't say if it was just a case of the type food stored maybe it was, still 2 years past it got binned, yet other foods bought around same time, that were stored in a walk in larder were fine.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
27 July 2012, 06:52,
W&C. The wall is an internal one so it should stay nice and cool in the summer and not get too cold in the winter!
I'm currently looking at possible ways to insulate it without it getting too hot in the summer, whilst still maintaining enough space to stash some basic tools and other stuff!
Maybe I'll just insulate the pipe and section it off from the other part of the internal wall so that I create two spaces! that way if one is ever compromised the other may remain hidden and intact.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
27 July 2012, 11:44,
well if you want to get more complicated and dont mind messing around with plumbing theres a simplish solution.

just hook up the water pipes so that theres a coil running around the pipe, that'll keep the pipe and its contents cool!