Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to the bigots amongst us
31 July 2012, 14:27,
RE: to the bigots amongst us
(29 July 2012, 01:27)The Local Ned Wrote: Nobody wants to watch noobs like me waffle on all the time , but we have to realise that this site is led by the 'elder' preppers , people whom I have already learned a lot from...if we are doing anything on this forum which is driving THEM away then we need to stop,look and listen.

No No No a million times no, we are all equal on this forum cept SD who owns it, noobs, oldies etc is something I have no time for, We are all preppers at differing degrees of readiness and that is all. LS and a few others have not been here 5 minutes but their contributions have been massive. I fear that some things do erode the forum at time, excess humour and silliness, people asking questions first before looking to see if the answers are not already written, the paranoia syndrome, folks looking for threats instead of seeking cures etc. I for one do want our newer members to " waffle on" its how new blood helps expand our knowledge and skill base.

The only thing that honestly gets under my skin deeply is the never ending stream of reasons why people cannot or will not relocate to so place better suited to prepping, and the inevitable calls for bloody communes or communities when 99.99% of the membership wont even drive ten miles to mee their neighbours. I've finally learned to stop judging them, but equally I dont bother to try and help those who wont help themselves. Theres always at least one " I cannot move home at this time because my wifes, sisters, gardeners pet Labrador lost its collar"
Still at least with the music alone we dont have a bloody Playstation and PS3 section or some numpty trying to sell us branded T shirts Smile

31 July 2012, 15:31,
If the BROWN MESS doesn't hit the fan for a year, I plan on buying a small boat and plonking myself in the middle of a large river.
All other bug outs don't seem that safe to me, Britain is over populated and I can't see there being that many places to hide, Although I know a guy who knows where a hidden bunker is, just can't contact him and I have no idea where it is.
31 July 2012, 15:34,
(31 July 2012, 15:31)Prepaday Wrote: If the BROWN MESS doesn't hit the fan for a year, I plan on buying a small boat and plonking myself in the middle of a large river.
All other bug outs don't seem that safe to me, Britain is over populated and I can't see there being that many places to hide, Although I know a guy who knows where a hidden bunker is, just can't contact him and I have no idea where it is.

its( only ) the cities that are overpopulated cos thats where the money is made, some of us just dont want to live there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2012, 15:37,
I think even the dumbest of non preppers will figure to go into the country side and raid farms? Or go camping in the woods?
Around here all the local halfwits go fishing and hunting with an air rifl e so the near by country side is out for me Smile
31 July 2012, 15:41,
(31 July 2012, 15:37)Prepaday Wrote: I think even the dumbest of non preppers will figure to go into the country side and raid farms? Or go camping in the woods?
Around here all the local halfwits go fishing and hunting with an air rifl e so the near by country side is out for me Smile

i keep saying it and i will say it again: anyone who when TSHTF thinks they can survive by playing RAMBO in the woods will not survive the first cold winter.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2012, 19:42,
(31 July 2012, 15:31)Prepaday Wrote: If the BROWN MESS doesn't hit the fan for a year, I plan on buying a small boat and plonking myself in the middle of a large river.

Try sites like these prepaday - there is a whole community out there that are dedicated to finding these type of places - derelicts , ex military sites , natural areas etc , one example is -

Darkplaces

and another , better IMHO is

28 Days Later

Regards.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
31 July 2012, 22:37,
A few years ago, I was not a conspiracy theorist - but then I became one.

Now; I am not a conspiracy theorist - there's just too much evidence of wrong doing.

Anyone who believes everything is just fine and wont open their eyes - they're the conspiracy theorists.

Something is not quite right, there is something wrong; that's why I'm on this forum.
So doing my best to take responsibility.

What I have learned is this: take time to listen (read) and amongst all the nonsense you'll start to find the pearls.
Search and listen to differing views, ideas, info - find the truth.
Someone may show you their research and only 80% of it is right - stand on their shoulders and find the rest.
We all know what the truth does - it sets us free.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.

Cheers Juice.
walk outside the box
31 July 2012, 22:59,
an important thing to bear in mind is theres not a single person in the world you cant learn from!

young, old, prepper, non prepper, it doesnt matter, we can all learn from eachother, ive learnt alot from young and old members of this site, and i view all of them in the same light, i dont always agree, but i will take it on board Smile

personally i think its probably quite likely that in the few months after the, as prepaday put it, brown mess hits the fan (or BMHTF if you will xD) the countryside will become riddled with people, populations will diffuse, although many will be stubborn and keep on in the cities and towns, the countryside wont be as safe as it is, which is why im looking at either buying a bunker, or buying land and building my own Big Grin many may think its unrealistic, but as long as a "hideout" is hidden you should be ok!

oh and thanks for the links ned!
1 August 2012, 11:17,
Agree with you 100% Hrusai...May even join you in your bunker?
1 August 2012, 11:22,
(1 August 2012, 11:17)Prepaday Wrote: Agree with you 100% Hrusai...May even join you in your bunker?

would love to have some company ^^

and im happy to assist any members of this forum irl when TBMHTF Big Grin