Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cutting up oil drums
15 June 2021, 18:33,
RE: Cutting up oil drums
I wouldn't use an old gas canister anyway - nothing wrong with stainless steel beer kegs! Not too difficult to get hold of and careful choice of materials can avoid the need for welding.

My gas canisters hold ... gas. LPG for home hot water and my dual-fuel gensets. I did consider using 47kg LPG bottles to store diesel though (hold about 100 litres) in the event I ever go for a diesel genset.
25 March 2022, 18:13,
It is very important to convert oil drums into mini stoves because more usage of oil drums can cause disaster and death.
26 March 2022, 03:35,
I buy mine already cut up at the scrap yard for about $25 a pair. It is not worth the effort to do it yourself.

I USe one half to melt scrap shooting range, rland roofing lead 100 pounds at a time to cast into ingots to feed the Magma bullet casting machine. The Magna Auto caster will produce about 1000 pounds of bullets over a weekend, which I sell to gun clubs and rel8aders. Nice "side" business like MB was talking aboutt. The other used as a fire box augmented with electric blower for the blacksmith forge. MB is probably familiarize with both small shop industrial processes which produce a fair retirement income. Especially renting furnace, forge and anvil to young fellows whose significant other won't let them play with fire and forge at home. Good way to meet neighbors.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 March 2022, 04:20,
I buy mine already cut up at the scrap yard for about $25 a pair. It is not worth the effort to do it yourself.

I USe one half to melt scrap shooting range, rland roofing lead 100 pounds at a time to cast into ingots to feed the Magma bullet casting machine. The Magna Auto caster will produce about 1000 pounds of bullets over a weekend, which I sell to gun clubs and rel8aders. Nice "side" business like MB was talking aboutt. The other used as a fire box augmented with electric blower for the blacksmith forge. MB is probably familiarize with both small shop industrial processes which produce a fair retirement income. Especially renting furnace, forge and anvil to young fellows whose significant other won't let them play with fire and forge at home. Good way to meet neighbors.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA