Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New to this so let's get started
31 July 2012, 15:15,
RE: New to this so let's get started
Hi, I'm a 39 year old female from the North West of England. I started prepping a year ago, stopped, used all my supplies and now back to square one and prepping again.
I am a member of another site for preppers but they all think my visions for the future and what may happen are far out man....
This site is more in tune for waht I think we all may be facing...I lurv it Smile
31 July 2012, 15:31,
(31 July 2012, 15:15)Prepaday Wrote: Hi, I'm a 39 year old female from the North West of England. I started prepping a year ago, stopped, used all my supplies and now back to square one and prepping again.
I am a member of another site for preppers but they all think my visions for the future and what may happen are far out man....
This site is more in tune for waht I think we all may be facing...I lurv it Smile
yes, that other site thinks i'm a bit strange tooBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2012, 15:56,
At least you know what needs to be done. So it should be easier this time although clearly you won't be so far advanced.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 July 2012, 16:13,
I have 3 boxes, 1 for food, 1 for meds and first aid and 1 for toiletries, I thought..yeah, I'm doing well with the food until I took it out to see how many meals I could get from it all.... 7 square meals for feeding 5 of us....GUTTED. So shocked at how much food I will need for say...6 months.
31 July 2012, 17:40,
Ola, Aloha, Hi, welcome, your believes will probably be seen as rational on this forum.

31 July 2012, 17:42,
(31 July 2012, 17:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ola, Aloha, Hi, welcome, your believes will probably be seen as rational on this forum.
here, here!Big GrinBig Grin( we're all a bit weird on this forum!Tongue)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2012, 21:47,
a great big welcome from dorset to both the new preppers!!

to the first guy, have a read through some of the older threads on this site, theres alot to learn, same as on the main site, check out links and such like, since your into the idea of learning to make bows check out this website http://www.primitiveways.com/#anchor696518
ive learnt alot from their articles not just about making primitive tools and materials but also about fire starting and general survival!

i also recommend getting together a digital library of survival related literature together, something you can just sit and read for a few minutes or even a few hours, 30 minutes sitting in bed reading about new skills will help alot, as will any method of regularly taking in knowledge, the more you read, and re read, the more will sink in permenantly....and remember, its all very well and good reading alot, but doing the stuff you read about is a whole different ball game!! so once you've read about making yourself a fire, go out and make one without any matches or a lighter! not only will you feel great but you'll get a feel for the skill Smile

oh and knowledge never runs out, even after supplies do!

and to prepaday, welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your time here Big Grin you'll not only learn alot but you'll be accepted....regardless of specific beliefs! so have fun, keep on prepping....and the "oh and knowledge never runs out, even after supplies do!" is a good thing to remember Smile
1 August 2012, 23:39,
@bigpaul how did you know I'm weird I haven't even opened my mouth (or put my foot in it) yet Big Grin

Thanks for the link Hrusai I know a few edible berries, nuts etc and where to find them in my local area btw I'm assuming most people on here know nettles are edible by boiling but you can also wilt the nettles over an open fire which gets rid of the sting or you can eat the very small leaves at the very tip of the nettles raw as they have no sting (they taste a little like lettuce) oh and if you do sting your mouth by picking the ones that have stings the stinging sensation goes after 20-30 mins (found that out the hard way Big Grin ... And now you can call me weird BP!) and I wouldn't recomend boiling them inside if you value your nose!

P.S. I washed the leaves first... I'm not THAT stupid lol
2 August 2012, 10:01,
hello Prepaday
2 August 2012, 15:11,
well that gave me a good chuckle haha, nettles aint too bad, never been one for eating them myself Tongue nettle tea aint bad though Smile but learning to forage will be a valuable skill Big Grin

enjoy your stay dude ^^...and i dont think theres a single "normal" person on this forum, or ever will be xD