Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleanliness is next to godliness
2 August 2012, 09:14,
Cleanliness is next to godliness
The true mean of Cleanliness is next to godliness is as follows being clean is a sign of spiritual purity or goodness. But these days it is taken to wash or clean up. Just incase someone pulls us up for it.

But are we weakening our resistance to bugs and grems by being so clean?. Over 2 years ago we decided to ditch commerical cleaners in favour of homemade or natural cleaning products. I must admit that we do feel better for it and the house smells better.

The massed produced cleaners that we are forced to buy i feel are actually killing us in the long term. These high powered chemical concoctions kills bugs and germs that are both helpful and good for us. Look down any isle in any supermarket at the shelfs of household cleaning products, a cleaner for this and that. Its just companies to steal more money from people.

Children are growing up in a sterile homes and are not coming into contact with bugs that will help with things like digestion etc. I think this is also the reason why so many children are allergic to many things these days.

What do you think?

http://organizedhome.com/clean-house/pan...g-products
Failure is NOT an option
2 August 2012, 09:59, (This post was last modified: 2 August 2012, 10:00 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Cleanliness is next to godliness
Part of the over sterile environment we have created is part of the reason paediatric asthma is increasing expotentially. We our family I do keep a very very clean house BUT We ensure our kids are exposed to grasses, pollens, wild life etc by hunting, camping, collecting wild fruits and seeds etc. They kids are encouraged to seek out wild strawbs, cherries, apples, damsons etc, We go winkling in Robin Hoods bay so sea food intolerance is reduced, We dont change out of work clothes straight away so that soil intolerance is not an issue. BUT though my home is just the same as most normal families and never as clean as it should be, AFTER TSHTF for the initial die off period the kitchen and bathroom and work cloths areas are going to be cleaned to the absolutely highest possible standards until environment conditioons improve, IE the unburied dead rot away, the plagues of rodents,, flies and feral critters subdues etc
Forgot to mention I dont mind either home made cleaning materials or industrially produced cleaners just so long as we have cleaning materials.

2 August 2012, 10:38,
Hi. I think I am the worlds messiest, unorganized person that lives! My house is not dirty but housework is not top priority, I don't hoover 3 times a day like most of my friends.
My kids get the occasional cough and cold, My 7 year old has only been ill once,
When I was a child, I went out in the morning, back for dinner, out, back for tea, out and back for bed, I ate dry chewing gum from the park bench (should I be ashamed admitting this ? lol )
went bare foot through muddy puddles, played forever in the mud ditches, Stroked dogs and hardly washed my hands...My mum would spit on a hanky and wash my face (vomit thinking about it now lol )
And apart from Hyperthyroid, I'm as fit as a fiddle. Just need to kick the cigs now and get back to the gym.
I hardly get ill, My kids hardly get ill yet my CLEAN FREEK friends kids are always full of colds or coughs, My friends kid has yet another viral infection.
I do use the odd chem cleaner but mostly use white vinegar to wash down units and to soften my cloths.and no, my house doesn't smell of vinegar Smile
2 August 2012, 12:45,
i used to have yearly injections for flu due to me being registered as Asthmatic, since i stopped taking my asthma medication health centre has stopped giving me flu jabs, i havent had a single cold or flu for at least 2 years now and generally feel fit and healthy. we dont use gallons and gallons of chemicals just the old bit of bleach down the loo and washing up liquid, we use eco products in the new washing machine and wife makes her own herbal remedies and creams.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2012, 14:18,
only yesterday we changed over from mopping the tiles and flooring to a simple steam mop made by wolf no chemicals and it does a better job drys quicker too