Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB SSB transmission test TOMORROW 4th August
3 August 2012, 14:54,
CB SSB transmission test TOMORROW 4th August
Yesterday 27 Mhz long range transmissions were back in business across much of europe. UK CB stations were heard talking transatlanttic without any problems.

With these conditions set to last a few days, I think a little transmission experiment could be fun.

I am currently on the continent, in a territory who's government has already implemented the EU recommendations which permit Sideband CB operations.

Tomorrow morning from 08.00 to 09.00 UK time I intend to set up a portable station and transmit in the direction of UK. I intend to do the same in the evening, but my other half may have different ideas, so I'll post here during the day tomorrow to spot frequencies and time.

Tomorrow morning I will be calling regularly on The european band Ch 10 =27.075MHz, and Ch38 = 27.385MHz. Mostly I will call on USB ( Upper Side Band) but occasionally will also call on FM. Callsign I will use is EU148 ( Echo Uniform 148)

UK should be single skip range from my current location, so if conditions hold there is a good chance that my signals will be receiveable provided they are not walked over by high powered Italian and Spanish statons! ....why is it taht so many Italian statons are located in echoey bathrooms?...I never understood that. maybe that's what makes them so loud??

Cheers and Beers

Lightspeed.

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 August 2012, 10:43,
RE: CB SSB transmission test TOMORROW 4th August
(3 August 2012, 14:54)Lightspeed Wrote: Yesterday 27 Mhz long range transmissions were back in business across much of europe. UK CB stations were heard talking transatlanttic without any problems.

With these conditions set to last a few days, I think a little transmission experiment could be fun.

I am currently on the continent, in a territory who's government has already implemented the EU recommendations which permit Sideband CB operations.

Tomorrow morning from 08.00 to 09.00 UK time I intend to set up a portable station and transmit in the direction of UK. I intend to do the same in the evening, but my other half may have different ideas, so I'll post here during the day tomorrow to spot frequencies and time.

Tomorrow morning I will be calling regularly on The european band Ch 10 =27.075MHz, and Ch38 = 27.385MHz. Mostly I will call on USB ( Upper Side Band) but occasionally will also call on FM. Callsign I will use is EU148 ( Echo Uniform 148)

UK should be single skip range from my current location, so if conditions hold there is a good chance that my signals will be receiveable provided they are not walked over by high powered Italian and Spanish statons! ....why is it taht so many Italian statons are located in echoey bathrooms?...I never understood that. maybe that's what makes them so loud??

Cheers and Beers

Lightspeed.

Only just sat down so missed your time window, will listen in through the day and see if I can catch you.

Cheers,
Martin
4 August 2012, 12:01,
Hi Martin,

I'll try periodically from the hotel room but not ideal conditions.

Intend to get up on a big west facing hill this evening with a GP antenna. Expect to be operational on the same channels and using same Callsign between 1800 and 1900 UK time. I'll calle approx once per minute to coserve battery power.

Thanks for listening

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 August 2012, 17:16,
Hi Guys,

Mar one manpack rebuilt this afternoon with a steel extending ruler as counterpoise.

Results are excellent with SWR 1:1 achievable across the band simply by dialling in the corect measured length of counterpoise.

I'll be up on the hill afain at 7pm UK time on the same frequencies as this morning. ( one possible reception of signal this morning by the way)

The frequencies and call sign are: European band Ch 10 =27.075MHz, and Ch38 = 27.385MHz. Mostly I will call on USB ( Upper Side Band) but occasionally will also call on FM. Callsign I will use is EU148 ( Echo Uniform 148)

I'll finish transmissions at 20.00h UK time.

No need to try and call back to me if you hear me as that could get you into trouble in UK. Bit please post heer or PM me to let me know I was heard.

Cheers

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 August 2012, 18:38,
Nothing heard so far, been listening on 27.075 and 27.385 USB. Occasionally hear someone whistling, not sure if that's you.
4 August 2012, 19:59,
NR Monitoring from 1800 to 1959 hours, all Cept Channels nothing heard.

4 August 2012, 22:33, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2012, 22:34 by Lightspeed.)
(4 August 2012, 18:38)Martin200261 Wrote: Nothing heard so far, been listening on 27.075 and 27.385 USB. Occasionally hear someone whistling, not sure if that's you.

Must admit to a couple of whistles on High power to check SWR :-)

Not very much happening up here tonight. Bit of enhanced grey-line half an hour after sunset.

Thanks for listening for me.

Will try again another time as the kit seems to be working as I want and s easy to climb with now.

Ha ha stupid me.... As a thankyou to my other half for humering me and coming up with me, I secretly packed a romantic supper, blanket, candles etc.... that bit went well and we stayed on top watching the stars come out, and quite a few meteorites as well. it was enchanting. Only when we started packing up to descend did I realise that I'd left my torch behind! Ended up using the little UV3r, its the only brightish light I had with me. Amazingly good for such a little one LED affair... but a big lesson learned. I will not be leaving the torch at home again in a hurry I can tell you. Descending 1200 feet as we did sort of tests your concentration!

Cheers

LS
(4 August 2012, 19:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: NR Monitoring from 1800 to 1959 hours, all Cept Channels nothing heard.

Thanks for taking the time NR.

Conditions very poor again, but a good excuse for me to spend a lot of time in the open air today.

I'll be doing this agian, and by autumn conditions will definitely be better.

Cheers

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580