Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point the finger...
7 September 2012, 15:39,
RE: Point the finger...
Scythe, Your fiver is in the post.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 September 2012, 16:27,
(7 September 2012, 13:22)Scythe13 Wrote: That's some good knowledge. No doubt 99% of people wouldn't have a clue about this bit of knowledge. But I guess there's nothing stopping someone putting a pane of glass against the 2way. But it's hugely unlikely!!! Great info mate, keep it coming!!!

To give you an idea of how other sites are, I got banned from another prepping site for going camping in the winter!!! Amazingly, I've not been banned from here for trying new stuff out. Neither have I been banned for how badly I fail at those new things (see bread making challenge).

This site is the S13 Number 1 Prepping site!!!!!

Unwanted Knitting Patterns and Pleased 2 Sell do indeed have some interesting vagarities in whats acceptable, but each to their own I say, its not as if they mattered anyway.

7 September 2012, 16:32,
A two way mirror works by being partially silvered rather than totally silvered so the majority of the light is reflected but a little leaks through to the far side providing a much dimmed view.
Turning a window into a one-way-mirror can be done by sticking a very fine film on the surface and this would be revealed by the "nail vs reflection" test but there are other one way mirrors that it wouldn’t detect.

Most one way mirrors are detectable by the fact that the reflection is slightly but noticeably dimmer than it should be (as some of the light has to pass through). You'd need a very dark room on the far side to have a useable one way mirror that reflected enough light to not be noticeably dimmer and still be able to see the greatly dimmed image from the 'dark' side.

When I'm in a changing room, if I suspect the mirror of being one-way I hang my coat over the mirror while I'm trying on the clothes rather than on the hook on the door. If this is impossible (such as in cases where the mirror is flush with the wall) then I face the door not the mirror while changing. This is not natural as we tend to face away from the door when getting changed.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?