Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivy
21 September 2012, 10:52,
RE: Ivy
Haha, this is an old trick, but beautifully redone for the modern era.

Well reminded mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 October 2012, 22:31, (This post was last modified: 3 October 2012, 22:48 by Wildman.)
(6 August 2012, 10:12)Tigs Wrote: thats simular to what i was thinking but instead of a round house i was thinking some type of cabin conventional house or even a caravan

woulnt last long. the ivy would strangle it, caravan would crack and any structure you built out of wood would be slowly crushed. first signes would be a leak even though everything seems sound. sorry
but as a wall brilliant idea, i use to build wicked camps when i was younger and to hide my camps from older kids lol i would plant ivy and brambles round the perimeter water them with my own mix of fire ash-used t and coffee grounds and some of my ums plant feed ir i could. it really works!!! not to mention the plant feeds we have today. start of feeding your ivy wall in may by the next spring you will have changed the whole landscape. alot of work but well worth it.

(3 October 2012, 22:31)Wildman Wrote:
(6 August 2012, 10:12)Tigs Wrote: thats simular to what i was thinking but instead of a round house i was thinking some type of cabin conventional house or even a caravan

woulnt last long. the ivy would strangle it, caravan would crack and any structure you built out of wood would be slowly crushed. first signes would be a leak even though everything seems sound. sorry
but as a wall brilliant idea, i use to build wicked camps when i was younger and to hide my camps from older kids lol i would plant ivy and brambles round the perimeter water them with my own mix of fire ash-used t and coffee grounds and some of my ums plant feed ir i could. it really works!!! not to mention the plant feeds we have today. start of feeding your ivy wall in may by the next spring you will have changed the whole landscape. alot of work but well worth it.
only thing about planting brambles is they attract unwanted attention. but if your in deep enough there a gr8 preservative.

he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 October 2012, 06:24,
wildman the ivy would be on a fence around the building , not on the building , creating a compound thats highly camouflaged
4 October 2012, 09:46,
(4 October 2012, 06:24)Tigs Wrote: wildman the ivy would be on a fence around the building , not on the building , creating a compound thats highly camouflaged

oops- my bad. i pulled an all nighter yesterday so wasnt digesting info to well. yep that would be a gr8 plan. like on robbin hood prince of thieves when they have that false wall that drops down. i like it. i use to put a ring of ivy and then a few bramble bushes hear and there out side the parameter to act as natural barbed wire. i use to get washing line "waxed" rope and tie from tree to tree and then train ivy ect to grow round it. but a compound fence structure might take abit tonger, not impossible though. nice one!!!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 October 2012, 09:55,
yep thats the idea ! using nature to cover your ass , i guess it depends on how long you have before its needed lol
4 October 2012, 23:11,
(4 October 2012, 09:55)Tigs Wrote: yep thats the idea ! using nature to cover your ass , i guess it depends on how long you have before its needed lol

i'm making a ivy obstruction to extra hide my small part of woods at the moment. should be ready by next year.