Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House for sale in a remote area.
9 August 2012, 22:16,
RE: House for sale in a remote area.
Can't believe how expensive property is in the Highlands. Way out of kilter with local incomes. £210K for a 2 bedroom house in the middle of nowhere? Have you any idea what you could get for that in the French Pyrenees?
12 August 2012, 17:12,
I recently drove past a property for sale in Devon, near the Tavey, the asking price £20k. There is a catch though, its a little fire dammaged, but if you are a builder then it could have potential as the estate agents would say. Not much land with it though.
12 August 2012, 17:19,
(12 August 2012, 17:12)Dorset Lad Wrote: I recently drove past a property for sale in Devon, near the Tavey, the asking price £20k. There is a catch though, its a little fire dammaged, but if you are a builder then it could have potential as the estate agents would say. Not much land with it though.

"Tavey".. do you mean Tavistock DL? i must have missed that one, i keep an eye on all the estate agents websites, £20K is rediculous for Devon property even if it is fire damaged! old rural telephone exchanges go for more than that these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 August 2012, 17:27,
Not more than half a dozen miles from Yalverton, and close to Buckland Abbey. I dont think its with an agent. The details were painted on the wall in white paint and two foot high letters!
12 August 2012, 17:49,
damn i might just have to go there and have a look, might even be able to get 20k together!
12 August 2012, 18:14,
(12 August 2012, 17:27)Dorset Lad Wrote: Not more than half a dozen miles from Yalverton, and close to Buckland Abbey. I dont think its with an agent. The details were painted on the wall in white paint and two foot high letters!

no wonder i missed it then, bit too near the "massed hordes" in Plymouth for my liking, i spent 43 years trying to get out of there, so i dont want to be over-run when they panic WTSHTF.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.