Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking aloud about a gathering place
8 August 2012, 20:37,
RE: Thinking aloud about a gathering place
(8 August 2012, 20:17)Barneyboy Wrote: we all should have a meat in norfolk ,its very flat so we will see them comming for miles

Whose " them" Bernard Mathews Turkeys the Apex predator of Norfolk since you killed off the Coypu !! Smile

8 August 2012, 20:44,
(8 August 2012, 20:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: Whose " them" Bernard Mathews Turkeys the Apex predator of Norfolk since you killed off the Coypu !! Smile

[Image: angry-turkey-300x289.jpg?w=450]
"Humans, We Are Not Amused"
9 August 2012, 10:04,
Well if I can bring The Wench, The Child and The Winston and it's for more than one night (or if just us can camp for more than one night if no one else wants to) then I'm happy to travel anywhere, providing it's not up in Scotland or anything.

My truck does 22mpg (on a good day) so I have to factor this into the total costs.

Do we have a member map with the rough locations of where we all are? I don't mean I want your postcode and house number, but if we had some sort of map with our rough locations it's be easier to pick a spot that's convenient for most people. Obviously it'd be great for me if you all came to Southampton, but for some that's hundreds and hundreds of miles.

If you wanted to practice archery etc would you not need to hire a field from a farmer or landowner for the weekend? Or was that the plan (rather than a basic campsite type affair)

I know a lovely place in Wales (the Lone Wolf campsite) but I doubt you'd be allowed to play with bows an arrows etc
9 August 2012, 10:15,
good idea about the map binary, although im sure alot would like to avoid this because of opsec and stuff, but what we could do, is have a circle that is 40-50 miles wide on the map, then just plonk that so that where you live is somewhere in the circle, i think that would preserve opsec and give a realistic idea of where everyone is!

9 August 2012, 10:36,
Archery practise actually does not need huge acreage in our immediate needs with either Cross or Compound bows. Basic target practise is rarely more than 25 yards for familiarisation, tuning etc, basically we just need a good backstop like an embankment to give the safety cover.

Maybe in time we could hire a wood for field target archery practise / stalking, but we dont need it for now.

9 August 2012, 10:49,
(9 August 2012, 10:15)Hrusai Wrote: good idea about the map binary, although im sure alot would like to avoid this because of opsec and stuff, but what we could do, is have a circle that is 40-50 miles wide on the map, then just plonk that so that where you live is somewhere in the circle, i think that would preserve opsec and give a realistic idea of where everyone is!

I was thinking more of the first part of the post code, so mine is SO19. Covers a large area, so no one would be able to find me. But then I'm not that paranoid that I think anyone's gonna bother to try and find me anyway Smile
9 August 2012, 19:21,
That may cover a wide area but then factor in other details, your vehicle, then I live on a main road, I live near woods and your comfy splodge on a map becomes a very narrow band.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 August 2012, 08:35,
Location Map is a good idea, provided its not too detailed.

Maybe Post City area would approximate to Hrusai's suggestion.

GU for example would give Guildfors surrey and a good 10 mile radius from it.

??????????????????????
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 August 2012, 09:39,
(9 August 2012, 10:49)00111001 Wrote:
(9 August 2012, 10:15)Hrusai Wrote: good idea about the map binary, although im sure alot would like to avoid this because of opsec and stuff, but what we could do, is have a circle that is 40-50 miles wide on the map, then just plonk that so that where you live is somewhere in the circle, i think that would preserve opsec and give a realistic idea of where everyone is!

I was thinking more of the first part of the post code, so mine is SO19. Covers a large area, so no one would be able to find me. But then I'm not that paranoid that I think anyone's gonna bother to try and find me anyway Smile

i hope so19 is your post code and not your job!Tongue
10 August 2012, 09:43,
SO 19, MI5 all worrisome posat codes but this I think is the most worrisome Smile GL51 0EX