Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grains
10 August 2012, 12:59,
RE: Grains
(10 August 2012, 12:51)IB1 Wrote: Just to clarify are we talking about bags of Maize as in "Sweetcorn" rather than bags of Wheat or Barley ?

I would be interested if it was wheat etc, not so much if it's sweetcorn

I blame it on me reading too many yank sites, different names for the same things, thats my excuse anyway

bloody yanks, should just speak proper english xD
10 August 2012, 17:57,
Maize is traditionally fed to animals, either as a flaked variety or in the form of cow cake, i believe these days it is sometimes mixed with silage.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 September 2012, 21:17, (This post was last modified: 25 September 2012, 21:23 by Straight Shooter.)
i am up for some sd
you can buy wheat from ( doves farm .com ) £17 a 25k sack and it makes great bread
store in mylar bags it will last upto 20-25 years, mylar bags on oxy obsorbers ( fresherpack .uk )
26 September 2012, 08:36,
i have been told it is better to store WHOLE GRAIN rather than milled flour as it is incased and less prone to wevill's, you grind some as you need it....thats why it used to be called "the daily grind!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 September 2012, 09:14,
Yup thats right Wheat berries have a massive shelf life, but for some they have to choose between milled flour or wheat berries to stop weavil infestation ,, Its a case of choosing between the lesser of two weavils !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

26 September 2012, 21:06,
well folks i will be finished on refurb of my corn grinder this sunday, and will give it a go ....might do a vid and post it , nr do you ever ? go to sleep... thinking this stuff up ... good though!!!!!
26 September 2012, 21:15,
I can rest when i'm dead.