Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot or Cold
11 August 2012, 08:18,
RE: Hot or Cold
(10 August 2012, 13:13)bigpaul Wrote: i bought a box of MRE's at the WG last year...not impressed with the contents, in my GHB i've got several meal packs i got from the camping shop will add a few trail mix bars( dont like Granola bars-my teeth arent up to itTongue).

Same problem with Granola's. They're OK if you've got a hot cuppa to dip them in. Sort of enhances the tea a bit.

11 August 2012, 18:36,
BP, those meals were not "rejected by Eitheopians" for no good reason!
11 August 2012, 18:38,
(11 August 2012, 18:36)Dorset Lad Wrote: BP, those meals were not "rejected by Eitheopians" for no good reason!

true, anyway your probably better off making up your own, to your own taste.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 August 2012, 18:52,
I do that and I vary them depending on time of year and intended location. In the winter it is biased towards carrying in the car incase of getting stranded in the snow, and in summer I aim to pack lighter stuff for backpacking on Dartmoor.
11 August 2012, 18:55,
(11 August 2012, 18:52)Dorset Lad Wrote: I do that and I vary them depending on time of year and intended location. In the winter it is biased towards carrying in the car incase of getting stranded in the snow, and in summer I aim to pack lighter stuff for backpacking on Dartmoor.

good lad, one of these days when you do your Dartmoor trips we should meet somewhere, seeing as how i'm just north of Dartmoor.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 August 2012, 19:07,
(11 August 2012, 18:52)Dorset Lad Wrote: I do that and I vary them depending on time of year and intended location. In the winter it is biased towards carrying in the car incase of getting stranded in the snow, and in summer I aim to pack lighter stuff for backpacking on Dartmoor.

whats it like on dartmoor? always intended to go, never got round to it xD do they even allow camping?
11 August 2012, 19:32,
You can wild camp on a large part of Dartmoor. Have a look at the Dartmoor national park website. Its a fantastic place. I could go on for hours about its attractions. Also as I'm sure Big Paul would agree, Exmoor is a totally different but equally fantastic place, but wild camping is not officially allowed so has to be done discretely.
11 August 2012, 20:36,
(11 August 2012, 19:32)Dorset Lad Wrote: You can wild camp on a large part of Dartmoor. Have a look at the Dartmoor national park website. Its a fantastic place. I could go on for hours about its attractions. Also as I'm sure Big Paul would agree, Exmoor is a totally different but equally fantastic place, but wild camping is not officially allowed so has to be done discretely.

its all good, after all discrete camping is part of prepping Big Grin just gives me more practise!...cheers for the tips dude ^^