Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheatabix
11 August 2012, 17:32,
Wheatabix
Hi there, I love my bix but was wondering what could I use instead of milk? (not yogurt either)
Can you make a cake or anything with them? Can you bulk out any other food with them? Ideas please x
11 August 2012, 18:14,
RE: Wheatabix
(11 August 2012, 17:32)Prepaday Wrote: Hi there, I love my bix but was wondering what could I use instead of milk? (not yogurt either)
Can you make a cake or anything with them? Can you bulk out any other food with them? Ideas please x

Nido
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
11 August 2012, 19:16,
Trying to think outside the box and sure there must be something else you can use it for rather than adding milk or powdered milk or yogurt? Weetabix swells so must be able to bulk out some sort of food,bread,soup etc?
11 August 2012, 20:06,
(11 August 2012, 17:32)Prepaday Wrote: Hi there, I love my bix but was wondering what could I use instead of milk? (not yogurt either)

Smash em up add raisins, nuts, honey and perhaps chocolate and make food bars out of em ?

11 August 2012, 20:37,
you can make chocolate fudge bars if you want, similar to what NR said, um porridge probably...a quick google search suggested a bunch of different stuff....ill keep an eye out for an recipes i come across Smile
11 August 2012, 20:40, (This post was last modified: 11 August 2012, 20:40 by Nemesis.)
(11 August 2012, 20:06)NorthernRaider Wrote:

Smash em up add raisins, nuts, honey and perhaps chocolate and make food bars out of em ?

I been making my own bars for years, although not Weetabix and yes easy to do use bit of water as a fluid, add the nut and whatever you like, I like to add olive oil to my bars.
11 August 2012, 20:41,
olive oil is a great thing to add to food for survival since its got such a high calorific density Smile
11 August 2012, 21:07,
(11 August 2012, 20:41)Hrusai Wrote: olive oil is a great thing to add to food for survival since its got such a high calorific density Smile

My bars are almonds, walnuts, raisins, honey, olive oil, vitamin powder, sesame seeds, porridge oats, and water, sometimes I use apricots instead of raisins, or even other or both, and sometimes I add lidl muesli as it is better than the other supermarkets stocks.
11 August 2012, 21:55,
Could they be used as a fire starter fire brick?
12 August 2012, 12:59, (This post was last modified: 12 August 2012, 12:59 by Hrusai.)
well you can use crisps to start fires because of their fat and carbohydrate content Smile

and a quick google search for "weetabix fire" throws up more than a few news results for fires at the weetabix factory, due to buildup of cereal dust xD

ill go outside in a bit and try and use a firesteel to burn one....although im not sure why you'd want to! weetabix tastes too nice Big Grin
(11 August 2012, 21:07)Nemesis Wrote: My bars are almonds, walnuts, raisins, honey, olive oil, vitamin powder, sesame seeds, porridge oats, and water, sometimes I use apricots instead of raisins, or even other or both, and sometimes I add lidl muesli as it is better than the other supermarkets stocks.

cheers for that...spose i should call you nemesis now xD...ill have to try making me own soon Smile