Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Mod (BOV)
12 August 2012, 15:37,
RE: Ex-Mod (BOV)
(12 August 2012, 14:32)NorthernRaider Wrote: He's bellied it, bad driving.

My thoughts are more with the spare tyre placement NR it seems to lower the off-road clearance by quite a lot, the fuel tank is tad low but I see it has protection under it and reinforced tank I would have thought.

These trucks might serve well on flat to part off road maybe, I am no expert in this field.

This video from the get go will show the spare tyre placement.

12 August 2012, 16:45,
I can't work out how to paste photos on here but this might be what you need http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_motors/3710475082/ The origional V8 is thirsty but can be converted to LPG. Many have had diesel convertions fitted. Basic but its very tough.
12 August 2012, 18:11,
(12 August 2012, 16:45)Dorset Lad Wrote: I can't work out how to paste photos on here but this might be what you need http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_motors/3710475082/ The origional V8 is thirsty but can be converted to LPG. Many have had diesel convertions fitted. Basic but its very tough.

Thanks, I am well aware of these 101 though, and can get my hands on one with LPG already done, asking price 5k.
12 August 2012, 19:20, (This post was last modified: 12 August 2012, 19:21 by NorthernRaider.)
Yeah its cos the wheel is bloody heavy so they mount it there cos its easy to lower, many older mil 4x4s did the same but if you look at most now the spares sit vertical behind the cab, or hanging off the back, or as the one up here has mounted across the front grill.
it the RB was set up as many other mil vehicle it woyld probably end up on the can roof even. Note how some Landied have em on the bonnet, but some now have they on the side and some evewn have em on the back door. If you like stuff like RBs, Pinzgaurs, Bremachs , 101s etc YOU decide where the spare will go.
EG my Transit BOV the spare got moved from underneath and now hangs off the back door.

13 August 2012, 19:09,
but how wood you fuel it if the shtf
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
13 August 2012, 21:29,
Diesel, Bunker oil, Heating oil, parafin, Veg oil, bio diesel, seed rape oil, used chippy oil