Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you like best about SUK.NET ?
12 August 2012, 14:58,
RE: what do you like best about SUK.NET ?
(12 August 2012, 14:53)HunterNurturer Wrote: Pretty much same as all before have said.
Tons of useful info. A core group of regular active posters who mostly seem pretty well aligned with my own thoughts and beliefs, something I don't often find in my day to day life. It's a place where I don't feel insane for wanting to prep. And this site is clearly here for genuinely altruistic reasons, I don't have ads shoved in my face on every page, there's no moderator power trips or huge ego battles, it just does exactly what it says on the tin. A bunch of likeminded people sharing knowledge and opinions in a friendly manner Smile

couldnt of put it better myself my friend Smile
12 August 2012, 18:23,
another reason i like suknet is we dont have threads like this

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/tribe...apons.html

might deviate a bit, but theres always knowledge in every thread Smile
12 August 2012, 18:56, (This post was last modified: 12 August 2012, 19:00 by 00111001.)
Not getting banned Smile
Oh, an you lot of retrobates too!
12 August 2012, 21:13,
Guys,

All i can say is I appreciate the comments but always remember that you are the ones that make the site. It is your input that people come to see and you that provide answers to the questions.

I'm pleased it is all working out.

SD
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 August 2012, 22:58,
Feck..drink[/size[size=xx-large]]...DRINK!!....
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
21 August 2012, 16:31, (This post was last modified: 21 August 2012, 16:38 by NorthernRaider.)
(12 August 2012, 11:30)Paul Wrote: For me it's the friendliness and openness of the forum.
Not trying to reorganize the world just content to view things on a sensible level but still keeping people informed about "the big picture" with attention being drawn to current events.

Threads are interesting and informative, I've been pleasantly surprised about the in depth knowledge some of the contributors have.
Like NR, I like to contribute but more importantly LEARN.
Something I have been doing a lot of thanks.

Not a lot of abuse or swearing helps enormously.
The occasional soap box debate but that adds to the fun.

A hell of a lot better than some UK forums where your opinions have to fit in with the "self appointed senior member element" and you have to tow "the party line".

Marks out of 10, a good 11!

Got a PM this morning from a newish member who says the thing he likes best about SUK.NET is its nothing like the other UK forums !!! read into that what you will. ( I left out her other rather erm expressive opinions about tother places to be polite)
(12 August 2012, 18:56)00111001 Wrote: Not getting banned Smile
Oh, an you lot of retrobates too!

Dont worry bout that BP and me have been banned from loads of places and overall we are in no way any worse off by not being on those forums, indeed I find having to work hard and seek out quality prepper forums instead of the glitzy all show types that google searchs direct you to I end up much better off.. I find I'm totally awed by the likes of Paul, Light Speed, Time Lord, Nemasis etc whose expertise is outstanding, freely given and well researched and no dick heads stiffling debate when it gets contentious. Mind you if SD or Nemesis did ban me from this forum I would be gutted Smile

21 August 2012, 17:08,
I like the relaxed attitude to the membership of the forum that SD has, I gave up using forums to meet like minded people in real life long ago which was my main reason for joining forums in the past, and although I haven't contributed much at all on here I dont feel pressurised into posting shite just to get access to "hidden forums" or be part of an "inner circle" and all that BS

These days I just use forums to keep an ear to the ground for something that might be happening under the radar and to sometimes get advice on things I am doing prepwise for myself. If I can help someone else I will but I just like to dip in and out of forums as and when I feel like it, not because i am required to post because of one rule or another.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
21 August 2012, 17:43,
(21 August 2012, 17:08)IB1 Wrote: I like the relaxed attitude to the membership of the forum that SD has, I gave up using forums to meet like minded people in real life long ago which was my main reason for joining forums in the past, and although I haven't contributed much at all on here I dont feel pressurised into posting shite just to get access to "hidden forums" or be part of an "inner circle" and all that BS

These days I just use forums to keep an ear to the ground for something that might be happening under the radar and to sometimes get advice on things I am doing prepwise for myself. If I can help someone else I will but I just like to dip in and out of forums as and when I feel like it, not because i am required to post because of one rule or another.

Aye its good and cool for folks to be able to put in as little or much as they want, not ber judged by a ruling elite or be pressured into posting or complying.