Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency slingshot/catapult
20 August 2012, 09:17, (This post was last modified: 20 August 2012, 09:19 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Emergency slingshot/catapult
(19 August 2012, 21:04)Hrusai Wrote: [

i think they can hold between 1-1.5 litres Big Grin

Bejayasus you must have a helluva right wrist !!!!!! I bet your blind as a bat Smile
(19 August 2012, 20:01)Metroyeti Wrote: You could use a condom as a catapult

Were are hunting bunnies in the Hayfields not pussy in the Haymarket !!! Howay marra Smile

20 August 2012, 11:23,
I bought a sling shot today, one for fishing. I tried it out in the back garden, 50 shots later and still missing big time. It's not as easy as it looks me thinks Sad
20 August 2012, 11:33,
(20 August 2012, 11:23)Prepaday Wrote: I bought a sling shot today, one for fishing. I tried it out in the back garden, 50 shots later and still missing big time. It's not as easy as it looks me thinks Sad

There are great " How to videos" on You Tube for sling shots but the way I was taught was

Grasp the slingshot in your left hand
The back of your hand should be pointing up, not to your left and the slingshot should be like a Y but on its side, not vertically.
Whilst smoothly drawing back the elastic to towards to corner of your mouth point your left index finger directly at the target.
Look along the top of the upper most band and line it up with the target.
Let the elastic slip from your hand, dont just let it go, let it slip by relaxing your drawing fingers.

Failing that PM Nemasis cos hes good with slingshots.

20 August 2012, 11:40, (This post was last modified: 20 August 2012, 11:43 by Prepaday.)
Sling shot meeting and contest near Manchester anyone? lol I really do feel like a girl sometimes. Just away to take N.R's advice and see how I get on Smile
YAY Smile Smile Smile Smile 3RD SHOT AND I HIT THE TARGET...THANKS N.R X
23 August 2012, 16:14,
New or used? Im guessing it wouldnt matter if its the end of the world? Kids used to put them over their hands, push the tip down and fire pennies at people/cars.
23 August 2012, 18:41, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2012, 18:54 by Nemesis.)
I made one today from a cheese board, just adding some bands to it now.
Took a pic, not been treated yet, it is my first one from a solid bit of wood.

[Image: 2ahz2qa.jpg]

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
24 August 2012, 13:43,
looks great nemesis! nifty bit of kit and if thats your first one then just wow : O