Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the women
14 August 2012, 10:38,
RE: One for the women
(14 August 2012, 10:33)Lightspeed Wrote:
(14 August 2012, 10:21)bigpaul Wrote: the old american "mountain men" used to have meetings...known as gatherings...in late spring/early summer after all the snow and ice had melted.

Still happens every year in Central Europe.

First day of spring meets at traditional meeting points ( usually prominent hills / mountains) to see who's survived....

First day of winter feasts to put on final reserves of fat...

LS
sounds good to me, the old ways are the best.Big Grin

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 August 2012, 10:50,
(14 August 2012, 10:33)Lightspeed Wrote:
(14 August 2012, 10:21)bigpaul Wrote: the old american "mountain men" used to have meetings...known as gatherings...in late spring/early summer after all the snow and ice had melted.

Still happens every year in Central Europe.

First day of spring meets at traditional meeting points ( usually prominent hills / mountains) to see who's survived....

First day of winter feasts to put on final reserves of fat...

LS

I've been to a real rendezvous in southern Colorado where each year the locals spend a week living in Teepees and reeenacting and relearning the mountainsmens way, Cooking on skilets and in cast iron pots, thowing Tomahawks, Firing single shot black poweder rifles, skinning critters, making clothing from hide etc, got the piccies some place.

14 August 2012, 10:52,
we used to see that at "The Big Green Gathering" each year in Somerset...sadly no more..due to insurance issues!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 August 2012, 10:59,
We could have an RZ up here we live next door to a Buffalo farm, the Were-terrier keeps catching them and bringing them home, you should see the bloody lumps in my lawn where he buries them Smile

14 August 2012, 11:21,
(14 August 2012, 10:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: We could have an RZ up here we live next door to a Buffalo farm, the Were-terrier keeps catching them and bringing them home, you should see the bloody lumps in my lawn where he buries them Smile

reminds me of my cat thats able to eat bunny rabbits bigger than he was!...bloody gluttons xD
14 August 2012, 14:54,
(14 August 2012, 09:24)Paul Wrote: If you're lucky enough to be in a functioning group prior to an event.
I still think that come a major event, they'll be precious few of us left, too far apart, to make a like minded coherent force of preppers.

Prepping is a solitary "sport".

Thats pretty much my take on things. If my next door neighbour turned out to be a prepper and and we got along well then I would consider teaming up during or after an event but that isn't likely to be the case. Most other preppers/survivalists that I actually know to a certain extent in real life are way too far away to be of any use or help to me or me to them.

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
14 August 2012, 15:23,
(14 August 2012, 14:54)IB1 Wrote:
(14 August 2012, 09:24)Paul Wrote: If you're lucky enough to be in a functioning group prior to an event.
I still think that come a major event, they'll be precious few of us left, too far apart, to make a like minded coherent force of preppers.

Prepping is a solitary "sport".

Thats pretty much my take on things. If my next door neighbour turned out to be a prepper and and we got along well then I would consider teaming up during or after an event but that isn't likely to be the case. Most other preppers/survivalists that I actually know to a certain extent in real life are way too far away to be of any use or help to me or me to them.

yep, same around here, the neighbours would be more of a liability than of any real use, most people around here dont keep more than a few DAYS worth of food at any one time, no need when you've got a mini supermarket(Co-op) half a mile down the road. i KNOW there are no preppers around here and probably none anywhere near here to be of any use in a future "event", so we(OH & I) are on our own.

14 August 2012, 16:01,
Guess I'm lucky cos wife and son are both keen preppers, costlier though cos I've just had to fund three bows !!