Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the women
13 August 2012, 18:17,
RE: One for the women
(13 August 2012, 18:14)Nemesis Wrote: I think you need to watch it from 1:46 onwards, she is landing arrow on arrow.

Its a horse type bow.

i HAVE watched it, at no time does it show her hitting the blanket, just firing. i'm not impressed, nice trick but as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 August 2012, 19:26,
(13 August 2012, 18:17)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 August 2012, 18:14)Nemesis Wrote: I think you need to watch it from 1:46 onwards, she is landing arrow on arrow.

Its a horse type bow.

i HAVE watched it, at no time does it show her hitting the blanket, just firing. i'm not impressed, nice trick but as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Old age is a funny thing it affects people in many different ways I guessTongue
13 August 2012, 20:39,
Looks like one of those Hungarian / Romanian cavalry bows

13 August 2012, 21:05, (This post was last modified: 13 August 2012, 21:07 by Nemesis.)
Here I represent video which shows my style of fast shooting from a bow. This style I named dagger-technique (in Russian: "kinzhalnaya technika" or "kinzhalka"). Kinzhalka it is simple and effective, as АК-47. Accuracy, as well as at the standard technique, depends only on the marksman. Force of bow and length of arrows too doesn't influence sense of technique.

This is there page, they seem to enjoy this sport and role play maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeregedelReal/videos

Check at this bloke two arrow technique:

14 August 2012, 05:08,
looked like a mongolian bow to me, its all the same style Tongue minor differences.

admittedly it couldve been more accurate, but she didnt miss once all arrows within a foot or so of the metal thing, probably less, hard to gauge scale Tongue
14 August 2012, 07:36,
She got 8 arrows off in 12 seconds.
Accurate to the millimeter or not, I still wouldn't like to face that much wood flying towards me in that short of time.
Take a crossbow. 15-20 seconds to reload, eyes off the target for most of that time.
Springer airgun, 6 (ish) seconds a pellet. Eyes on the target all but a couple of seconds.
Slingshot, 18 shots in a minute. Eyes on target all the time and my old steel bucket looking VERY dented some 20 yards away.

Shifts your thinking a bit doesn't it?
Power, quantity, or accuracy?

14 August 2012, 07:44,
(14 August 2012, 07:36)Paul Wrote: She got 8 arrows off in 12 seconds.
Accurate to the millimeter or not, I still wouldn't like to face that much wood flying towards me in that short of time.
Take a crossbow. 15-20 seconds to reload, eyes off the target for most of that time.
Springer airgun, 6 (ish) seconds a pellet. Eyes on the target all but a couple of seconds.
Slingshot, 18 shots in a minute. Eyes on target all the time and my old steel bucket looking VERY dented some 20 yards away.

Shifts your thinking a bit doesn't it?
Power, quantity, or accuracy?

alot of these reasons and also figuring compactness into the equation are exactly why im looking more at bows and slingshots as opposed to crossbows or air rifles Tongue...if i can get a fac/when i can, ill get a .22 rifle.

depends on circumstance i guess, i want to be able to achieve a kill shot from at least 20-30 metres, with accuracy at that range perfect, any more is a bonus, especially for hunting, and speed is very important, i'd say no less than 6 shots a minute, 1 every 10 seconds, more is alot better, less is out the question in my eyes.

it all depends on techinque and training, you can achieve that speed with almost any weapon we would consider using, depending on how much we train, same with the accuracy
14 August 2012, 08:11,
Agree completely Hrusai.
The "eyes on the target the whole time" doctrine was hammered into me.
That's especially for people targets i.e. them who can hurt you back sort of thing.
Accuracy is for the planned shot.
Everything else is quantity over quality by keeping the targets heads down until you reach safety and a place where you can start sniping from.

14 August 2012, 08:35, (This post was last modified: 14 August 2012, 08:36 by NorthernRaider.)
One point that should be considered is that if you imagine ger for one second to be a prepper and part of a prepper family or group, Just imagine what it would be like if 3 or 4 in the group could volley fire that fast !!!!, with the remaining of the group taking aimed shots .
I could imagine what the French nobility were thinking when the sky above them turned black at Agincourt as the sky was filled with English and Welsh arrows?

14 August 2012, 08:46,
Simple that one NR.
They were all thinking "merde"!